Tutorial How to successfully pack and unpack .pak files

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SexualRhinoceros, Jan 26, 2014.

1. xaliber

xaliber Star Wrangler

Glad to hear it's working. I'm sorry to hear about your friend though.

As for art request... well, I've been seeing your build in Reddit and I love those. How about a collaboration instead? :) If you're interested maybe I can shoot you a PM.

Not a Linux user, sorry! Maybe someone else can help you.

2. IHart

IHart Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am linux. share the command you are using?

3. Minerscool

Minerscool Aquatic Astronaut

Aye, thanks :/
    but why not trying the BoTW ? :)
    (Simply search for Minerscool on Steam so we can plan "the meeting " :p )

4. baile

baile Space Hobo

Thanks helped a whole lot

5. Sypher866

Sypher866 Space Hobo

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\win32\asset_unpacker" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\packed.pak" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\modassets"

worked fine for me , I had to fix a fiew things for the new updates also I made a file on my starbound dirrectory called modassets

6. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Space Hobo

Uh... I have a problem: The command window was replaced with Windows Powershell (windows 10), and the packing and unpacking do not work the same way. I tried doin it the same way, and:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\win32\asset_packer" "C:\Program File
    s (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mininglaseraddon" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mini
    nglaseraddon.pak"

At line:1 char:78
    + ... set_packer" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\ ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Unexpected token '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mininglaseraddon"' in expression or
    statement.
    At line:1 char:153
    + ... laseraddon" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\ ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Unexpected token '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mininglaseraddon.pak"' in expression or
    statement.
    + CategoryInfo : ParserError: :)) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

I don't know how to create buttons, so :(