How to skip quests?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Havoc1337, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Havoc1337

Havoc1337 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there, last time I played Starbound, it was a nice and straightforward game. I didn't get to try it again since it came out of early access though, and just started a few days ago.
    Now today I created a second character, and found out that I can't get around all that incredibly boring and arduous tutorialising with some ruins and this mining facility to repair my ship.
    I just want to start and go out exploring the universe and setting up outposts, I don't care about whatever "story" is being shoved down my throat.

How do I go about this? I found a guide for doing it with admin commands but that doesn't work, and all the mods I found are outdated and no longer maintained.

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Suppose the best thing I could think of is if you really don't wanna is just to use the /admin command to the end of the echrius mission, after that You can explore and build, but just be careful about planets with sub zero temperatures and lava planets.

Using /admin is technically a cheat, but its probably the best way to go through it if you don't wanna do it without meddling with your game save.

3. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

If you only are looking for the ability to travel around:
    1. /admin
    2. /spawnitem shipT3
    Automatically upgrades your ship to the post-Erchius Facility tier.
    From there, you have complete reign.