1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Sell Items?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SulfateX, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theshadowquake

Theshadowquake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah probably more like 500,000,000,000 pixels

Serenity, Taso and ggh325 like this.
  2. t3chn0ph1l3

t3chn0ph1l3 Space Hobo

I just found an avian city and got super stoked 'cause the npc says "Buy or Sell!" Sad day :(

Serenity, Rune the Red Panda and Taso like this.
  3. AntonioAJC

AntonioAJC Starship Captain

There's no selling items in the game yet. If you need money then get the refinery and put all unneeded ore in it. You'll get money fast, especially with diamond or later tier ore.

Serenity and t3chn0ph1l3 like this.
  4. t3chn0ph1l3

t3chn0ph1l3 Space Hobo

How would I go about doing that? It's not even an option to make steel... :(

5. t3chn0ph1l3

t3chn0ph1l3 Space Hobo

Nevermind, Bought the Starmap upgrade and got it done, thanks! :D

6. Dovahyol1701

Dovahyol1701 Void-Bound Voyager

I raided an avian tomb and a floran palace and got loads of great (but useless) loot, guess i'll just have to wait :(

7. ggh325

ggh325 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Murder some guards. I got a couple thousand slaughtering an Apex settlement.

8. Vandrick

Vandrick Phantasmal Quasar

Pixels become no problem whatsoever once you get to the refinery. After you get past silver ore, just refine all of it. Adds up stupid fast. What does gold ore refine for, like 50 pixels? I have about 5 10k blocks and twice as many 5k pixel blocks in my storage and I'm only in Sector 3.

9. Rdestroy

Rdestroy Master Chief

From my experience you can only "sell" ores and bars for pixels with the converter, but I'm probably no help. But like in most games it probably won't be worth as much as it says...

10. ExplosiveCrate

ExplosiveCrate Phantasmal Quasar

This thread was made before the refinery was in the game. It was resurrected three times without good reason.

cyberspyXD likes this.
  11. Vanthorist

Vanthorist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could get the Pixel Compressor, something like that, you use the 3D printer to get it and it saves pixels, but you lose 40% of your pixels that are compressed.

12. Aphala

Aphala Aquatic Astronaut

Tier 2 Refinery <3

13. Bloodaniron

Bloodaniron Void-Bound Voyager

Best thing to do is not to get attached to the first planets you visit, make sure you atleast run around them once for dungons or boss monsters. Desert planets are gona be your money makers since sand collaspes making it very fast to mine, then throw your ore in the refinery. Haven't worried about pixels since.

14. I trash everything I find, I have 0 problems gaining pixels now that I've played long enough to never really die unless I put myself into a situation I couldn't handle.

While I really hope they add a sell to merchant option soon, I don't think I'll end up selling anything aside from top tier weapons etc. later down the road.

15. Inkwell

Inkwell Hey, You!

There is a tool you can build called a refinery that breaks down ores and refined ores into pixels. very helpful. I know have more money then I really need. especially once you get to higher difficulty planets. things like diamonds and gold or so common that I don't even bother harvesting them because by the time I get done exploring a planet I inadvertently acquire enough to make over 20000 pixels easily.

16. XenoTerra

XenoTerra Space Hobo

well, if they do add a sell option, go to an asteroid field, and go collect metal containers. i have about 30 and the. if the pixel number at the bottom of the item view is going to be the same as how much its worth, the whole lot, for about 5 mins of work, will get me over 10000

17. Hot Soup 74

Hot Soup 74 Title Not Found

The best way to get pixels is to mine diamond (There is a ton in the X sector) refine it into pixels.

18. MultiMixer9

MultiMixer9 Space Hobo

A Way To Make Money

1.) Make a toymakers table
    2.) Kill monsters to get holiday spirit ( at least 3 Holiday Spirit's)
    3.) Craft a Holiday Rocket Sleigh
    4.) wait until you can sell and sell it for 3000 pixels[/quote]

19. Lord Alpus

Lord Alpus Void-Bound Voyager

No, you can use a refinery to grind ores into pixels. Dig straight down to find SO MANY ORES.

20. justcuz

justcuz Space Hobo

[/quote]

But Wooden beds are 1500 pixels.. mass producing & selling that is much better ;D (if selling is added in the game)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.