1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Sell Items?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SulfateX, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SulfateX

SulfateX Space Hobo

Talking to NPC. I can see how to buy.. but whats the way to sell items??

2. Neutraz

Neutraz Master Chief

Can't figure this out aswell

3. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

You can't sell items right now.

4. -Tio-

-Tio- Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I was struggling with it so much stuff to sell no way to sell that i can see

5. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

How do you know? :(

6. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

in leth's steam they said you wont be able to sell stuff instead there will be crafting table like object the grounds down your item to pixels effectively selling it

User_N likes this.
  7. ArcaneMusic

ArcaneMusic Big Damn Hero

Perhaps you can only sell items relevant to the person who is selling it? I mean, I don't see why a clothes merchant would buy a ton of iron tools after all.

LateRasta likes this.
  8. jcharette117

jcharette117 Space Spelunker

But how do I get more pixels aside from breaking containers and killing beasts? D: I can't seem to generate enough to get anywhere useful

9. otoduran

otoduran Void-Bound Voyager

Agree dude ! im stuck !!! too few pixels and now im getting killed time after time after time cus i used a certain item and now something happened that keeps killing me. "Wink"

10. ninta

ninta Intergalactic Tourist

that certain something will not stay forever. give it a minute or 10 to clear up ;)

as for the pixels, i had issues with it in the start but after going on multiple hunting trips i managed to get a feel for the AI and i hardly get hit now. it takes practice.

PS: instead of armour, make a weapon first. the first weapons you can make on the anvil will oneshot all mobs on the starting planet during the day (2shot at night)

SneakyBox likes this.
  11. Biodude

Biodude Void-Bound Voyager

I found this very enlightening. I have survived many an attack thanks to this advice. Granted, I still take hits from the gosh dang monsters that hit me for 45-60 in one ranged shot at night on a level 2 planet. >_<

12. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Trashing items should try to 'salvage' or 'recycle' certain items, and return a small amount of pixel based on the item rarity and properties.

For example, ground blocks or ores would give nothing when discared (there's already a refinery to make profit from ores), but trashing a crappy common weapon would give you 1-5 pixels, and a crappy uncomon weapon 5-15.

Ark Rotarl and Sariaz like this.
  13. Tiev

Tiev Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah salvaging items sounds pretty interesting.

Serenity likes this.
  14. katmoo

katmoo Space Hobo

I don't think you can sell items just yet, but I managed to get a way around this by first deleted the ten or so "Cool Servers" I had laying around (they're worth about 10,000 pixels each), then I used an ingame hex editor to modify my pixel count so I had effectively "sold" my items. A bit cheaty, I know, but I really needed the pixels.

15. sidriel

sidriel Industrial Terraformer

You can grind down ores into pixels with the Refinery pretty early on, i think after the first boss.

16. Tiev

Tiev Subatomic Cosmonaut

These things when they are able to be sold have to cost a lot less. One trip to an Apex laboratory and you're a rich alieny-person.

tooclose likes this.
  17. ChillingEcho

ChillingEcho Intergalactic Tourist

I really hope they implement the ability to sell items at some point; I just found a golden duck worth 3000 pixels I'd like to pawn off.

18. SethKipz

SethKipz Aquatic Astronaut

It's obviously not going to be worth that much if/when they do implement selling.

Ovyerus likes this.
  19. ChillingEcho

ChillingEcho Intergalactic Tourist

Likely not.

20. Madlock

Madlock Space Hobo

The best we can hopeful is a 70% resale value.
    Or however much merchants markup the items for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.