Modding Help How to recolour bow?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by VRTX Raptor, Aug 31, 2016.

1. VRTX Raptor

VRTX Raptor Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm wondering how to recolour bows, I have tried the normal way of recolouring weapons and it just shows the row of sprites when I use the weapon in game or it disappears.

Someone told me it has something to do with "image" : "<partImage>:<drawFrame>" or something, but I don't seem to have that in my JSON.

"animationCustom": {

"animatedParts": {

"parts": {

"bow": {

"properties": {

"offset": [

]

}

},

"bowFullbright": {

"properties": {

"offset": [

]

}

}

}

},

And by the way, this is the colour code if your interested;

?replace;5588D4=FF5959;344495=FF0000;96CBE7=FFB3B3;6C98DA=FF7979;393B69=FF0000;505EA4=FF8484

Some help would be very much appreciated

Thanks.

2. Aimlessimp05

Aimlessimp05 Pangalactic Porcupine

This is what i would do if i just wanted to make lets say a blue wooden bow. Step 1: find all the files that the wodden bow uses and make a copy into a different place ie. a mod folder for anew mod. Step 2: edit and rename all the files to the new color of the bow ie. woodenbowblue.activeitem ect. Step 3: recolor the sprites to be the desired color ie. blue. Step 4: place in mods folder or what ever and test them out. Spawn them ingame and if they have the right looks bam all done. It might be a lot of work but its the only way i know how. the way you are describing might be faster but i belive its easier to just make a new bow with the new color. or you can make a patchfile that makes the original bow use the new colors by instead just making a mod with only the new colored bow animations and such.