How to make ANY ship mod work with an existing character (Spirited Giraffe)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by GBK214, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBK214

GBK214 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello guys,

Im doing this tutorial to help those who have the SAIL problem when they install a mod with an existing character. Im not gonna explain how to install a shipmod with an existing character as there is already multiple places and mods where it is said, im just gonna explain how to make them work properly:

Note: this tutorial is for players that have already a tiers 8 ship and want to install a mod

First of all, before installing your shipmod, move all the objects you wanna keep somewhere safe like on a base or in crates on a planet. Then go off on the planet, dont get back to your ship. It is important.

Install the shimod you wanna use.

Go in singleplayer, dont go to your new ship yet. Enter this in the chat console:

/admin
    /spawnitem shipT2
    /spawnitem shipT3
    /spawnitem shipT4
    /spawnitem shipT5
    /spawnitem shipT6
    /spawnitem shipT7
    /spawnitem shipT8
    /admin

You're gonna enter in admin mode with the possibility to use commands. Those commands will spawn objects called "things" with a number on it. Do a /admin at the end of the spawining to turn off the admin mode.

Then warp to your new ship, you're gonna see it is in its broken shape, with the fuel hatch inaccessible, the doors locked, FTL offline and SAIL asking for the reboot command but no reboot command available.

Now activate one by one the "things" you spawned in the correct order, it is very important in order to avoid any bug. Put them in your item bar and do a left click, just as you would do for a new codex entry for exemple. A text box is gonna showup saying "test" after each things you activate. Now you can see that the lights are on, the fuel hatch is repaired, your FTL is online and you got access to your techs and your 3D printer :)

This works for any ship mod, even those where it says that you need to create a new character to install for exemple im using this mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/uss-polaris-tiered-uscm-deep-space-frigate.2645/ And it works perfectly.

I hope this helped some people :)

lordbociek, Velornar and Kayuko like this.
  2. itsmickib

itsmickib Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, I've been looking for a solution since forever! Thank you, although I haven't tried it yet. I'm just wondering, will this work if I'm already on the broken ship?

3. itsmickib

itsmickib Void-Bound Voyager

IT WORKED!!! Thank you!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.