Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

2. Violation2014

Violation2014 Void-Bound Voyager

not exactly sure what fixed my cut scene random warp issue to be exact. but i completely rebuilt my mods and content files from a fresh game. removed shops open early ( 7.am) seems to have fixed it. though.

question: is it possible to change the hotkey for either the sprinklers mod or saves anywhere? atm both are bound to K. I would like to change one or the other so i can edit my sprinkler coverage areas.

Edit: cut scene for fishing dock worked fine on new game. a cut scene after that led to random teleport and game freeze / crash.

workaround for sprinklers/ save anywhere. (remove save anywhere, then edit sprinklers to desired effect. force close game not save the put save anywhere back in. config for sprinklers saved.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, you can edit the Better Sprinklers key by editing its config.json file.

Does the error happen if you remove Save Anywhere? If so, does it happen if you remove all mods?

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

Extended fridge? anyone? ;w; Im dying with out it

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SheepMilks Extended Fridge isn't compatible with Stardew Valley 1.2, and I can't update it unofficially since it's not open-source. You can do something similar with Chefs Closet, though.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

• Violation2014

sigh ... yup it turns out it was save anywhere causing my issues and game freezes. uninstalled all mods and put them back in 1 by 1 and tested. shame is a good mod or concept idea.

Edit: also not sure what I can use to edit the file you suggested for changing a hotkey? maybe notepad++ haven't tried yet. didn't wanna mess up anything currently working.

also chest labels and cjb item spawner work like a charm unless you accidentally press p or b ... p being hotkey for cheat menu b being hotkey for chests anywhere.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks! I added it to the list as an alternative to Extended Fridge.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You can report the problem on the Save Anywhere mod page (see 'bugs' tab) or on the GitHub page (see 'issues' tab). Don't forget to attach your SMAPI log file after the error happens.

Notepad++ is fine to edit config.json files.

How does pressing those hotkeys affect Chest Label System and CJB Item Spawner?

• MoreMagic

MoreMagic Big Damn Hero

Hello all. I'm having an issue with better sprinklers not working the first day after launching the game. (Same with automatic animal doors, which was updated by the mod author for the latest game version.) After playing through a day, the mods trigger for all subsequent days. I'm not sure if there's an issue with my setup or the mods, but thought I'd mention it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @MoreMagic. Make sure you use the latest unofficial update for Better Sprinklers in the first post here, which fixes that issue.

• MoreMagic

MoreMagic Big Damn Hero

Thanks Pathoschild, I'll do that. I thought I had the latest update, but apparently not!

• juliakoppe05

juliakoppe05 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello o/ The last version off smapi (1.14 and 1.13) dont change the grass. The floor still the original. Still "vanilla" and dont change to "new". Can you help me pls?[​IMG]

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @juliakoppe05. It looks like you're trying to use Tego's Less Vibrant Dirt and Grass mod. That mod isn't compatible with Stardew Valley 1.1+ features, and the mod author says it's abandoned. The author suggests Just a New Map Recolour instead, which might work better.

There doesn't seem to be any install instructions on the page, so you may need to ask the author for help or look through the comments. (It's not a SMAPI mod, so it won't work under Mods.)

Note that it may only work in English unless you delete the translations for the files it replaces.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
                          • senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi,
                            Thanks for this great thread.
                            Two questions:
                            1) How do you use "Calendar Anywhere" (what's the hotkey)?
                            2) What's the mod name (I forgot) where you can see all villagers when you open map?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @senlim. Calendar Anywhere doesn't have a hotkey, but you can open the calendar by clicking on the date in the top-right corner. The map mod you're thinking of is NPC Map Locations.

senlim likes this.
                              • johnnyhope

johnnyhope Intergalactic Tourist

When I open the game with the latest SMAPI (1.14) it was frozen at the loading screen.. But when I open the game without running SMAPI it was fine.. :( could you please help me figure out that? I am using a macbook

Here's a list of mods i have in my folder:
                                CJB cheats menu
                                CJB item Spawner
                                CJB show item sell price
                                Skip intro
                                Gate Opener
                                Get dressed
                                NPC map locations

Update: when I removed GetDressed I can open it again :0

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
                                • Violation2014

Example: Open CJB Item Spawner, at the bottom when typing in a name for search items. if you type in a word containing a p or b example: (apple) as soon as you hit p the first time when typing in the name the item spawner closes and the cheat menu opens up. same issue when typing a name into the chest label system. if either or any of the hotkeys are typed in or pressed then the current box closes and the cheat menu or chest anywhere screen pops up.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you put Get Dressed back and launch the game again so it freezes, then post your latest SMAPI log file?

Can you post a comment in the CJB Item Spawner thread about that?

• johnnyhope

johnnyhope Intergalactic Tourist

Attached is my log file.. Thank you so much!!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.