Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molokai

Molokai Space Hobo

My Item Spawner is crashing my game. I have the latest versions both for SMAPI and the mod itself. When i load the game with smapi the game crashes with flashing white and black screens blinking constantly.
    Any idea of some easy fix?
    PS: every time i load the game and it crashes im forced to use the task manager to close the game, and when i try once again loading the game and it crashes, when i try using the task manager once again the game itself wont let me open up the task manager's window so i can actually kill the task.

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Do you have XNB mods? Specifically, one that affects the ObjectInformation.XNB

• Molokai

Molokai Space Hobo

No.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Step 1: Give us your log
          Step 2: Give us your log
          Step 3: GIVE US YOUR LOG

Xuomi likes this.
          • Molokai

Molokai Space Hobo

Ok, not a problem. Can you instruct me how to get it for you guys? What are the steps i need to follow to get it?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Okay, I'm running into an odd issue. I have a custom hat.xnb, but no matter whether I replace the English file itself, put it in the Get Dressed overrides or both, I get the default hats. Am I just missing something really obvious here...?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

http://canimod.com/for-players/faqs#smapi-log
                I don't think GetDressed even has a hat overrides file.. If you unpack your hat file, do the changes you made still show? You are replacing the hat file located in Content-> Characters -> Farmer right? Also make sure you don't have two copies of the game installed, or that if you do you are putting it in the right folder for the version of the game you're using. (For instance some people have the Steam and GOG versions, and replace the files of the GOG version while running the steam game.)

• Molokai

Molokai Space Hobo

Here's my log. I would really appreciate some help here.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a known issue with SDV 1.2, SMAPI 1.12 causes it to become more obvious, downgrade to SMAPI 1.11 for now, once SMAPI 1.13 is released this should be fixed.

• Molokai

Molokai Space Hobo

Then on the SMAPI 1.11 i run into the issue of not being able to save because at night the game crashes. What is the fix for this one?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

log...

• Molokai

Molokai Space Hobo

With SMAPI 1.11 ran into the same issue as with SMAPI 1.12.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Dont use full-screen, and dont resize the game, this is a known SDV 1.2 issue, nothing us modders can do about it.

• Molokai

Molokai Space Hobo

Thank you for all your help even tho i made it kind of hard for you by not uploading the logs for each issue. That last advice did help me to be able to play and save. Thanks Entoarox.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Okay, replacing the hat in the farmer section originally just crashed the game, luckily the SMAPI log made ot apparent that it was crashing because it was trying to load info that didn't exist. Moved the changes over to a new version of the hat file that had the new hat, and now it seems to be fixed. Thanks for the info, it would have taken me a while to look to see if the hat file had changed location

• starDotheDew

starDotheDew Space Spelunker

Thanks so much @Pathoschild for the Variable Grass mod. I can't seem to get it to work. It loads in fine. But i see no significant change even when testing a new farm and testing the numbers drastically. It's ok though! No big deal. I do however have one more request if I may be so bold? Is there an updated Fishing Made Easier mod?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

It seems to work in my testing. The mod doesn't start new grass patches, it only grows existing ones. Here's a little patch with 1–5 iterations:
                                    variable-grass-1.png

And here's with a ridiculous 1000 iterations, in which the patch expanded to fit all available room:
                                    variable-grass-2.png

I haven't tested that mod specifically. Are there any problems when you use it? If so, can you post your latest SMAPI log after trying it?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

• demideerling

demideerling Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded the cooking skill prestige mod, and I got this? Was I supposed to download anything else? I've never used the mod before and this is the first time I've downloaded it.

Attached Files:

Siefert likes this.
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.