Modding Help How to boot the game in steam with SMAPI?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Kyler45, Mar 6, 2016.

1. leonardord

leonardord Space Hobo

Well are you pressing yes or no on the user account control window? because you should be pressing yes

• xChera

xChera Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, so the achievement I was going for was the one you get when you earn 50,000g. I earned 50,000g on SMAPI while not booting it through Steam... so do I still get that achievement? It seems like it's not. How do I fix that?

• Jackoftrades222

Jackoftrades222 Intergalactic Tourist

I tried this and copied everything correctly, using the right click shift to copy the path, put it into steam and then it loads up fine, just no mods. The SMAPI window doesn't even show up. What am I doing wrong?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Not to be condescending, because I did it myself with a different game, but did you make sure that the letter at the starts of the pathway goes to your computer? It's J in the example, but for my newest computer, it's C. The one before it I would have had to have put "E:\Programfiles86\...etc"

Basically saying that copying and pasting the link might not work depending on your computer and where you installed Steam on your computer.

• Jackoftrades222

Jackoftrades222 Intergalactic Tourist

I went ahead and checked it again. It did double up on " on the front and end, yet still didn't load any mods with the start up.

This is what I have entered into the box. %command% "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%

Update

After posting this message I saw what was wrong. For some reason %command% was added twice. After deleting it, things are work fine. Now screen shots without using fraps is possible. Thank you.

wutangraiseu likes this.
            • Cobalt_Tea

Cobalt_Tea Big Damn Hero

hello! i just tried this,and my achievements are not getting saved to steam? i don't think i messed up anywhere,as i've followed everything here..
              any idea what the problem might be or how to fix it? im sort of an achievement hoarder,and i'd really like to get it working

• Sameow

Sameow Void-Bound Voyager

So happy this post is here! Worked great for me. Thanks guys!

• José Neto

José Neto Space Hobo

Hey,i've done all the things that you guys have said,but the game won't start.What can I do ?(Sorry for my terrible english ;-; )

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
                  • Bringerlinger

Bringerlinger Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks very much! The full path in the start option was needed to launch without any issue. In the readme of the 1.7 SMAPI is written you have to just enter the StardewModding.exe %command% which lead to an error. But thx to you guys it works. :)

• SetokaibaZA

SetokaibaZA Void-Bound Voyager

You guys rock. Thanks for this great tip. Was going to complain that it didn't work, but I took 1 final moment to double check everything and realised I typed like a twat. I had %commond% :rofl:

• GiantPenguinGod

GiantPenguinGod Void-Bound Voyager

I think I got it working. Is a black box supposed to pop up and say things like loading mod?

• Spmurkle

Spmurkle Tentacle Wrangler

Hello, Kyler45! If you want to have your Stardew Valley open in the StardewModdingAPI.exe, I have a solution.

1. Right click "Stardew Valley" in your library, and click "Properties".
                          [​IMG]

2. Under the tab "General" click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS...".
                          [​IMG]

3. Type "StardewModdingAPI %command%" into the box, and click "OK".
                          [​IMG]

Make sure StardewModdingAPI.exe is inside of the "Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley" folder! Otherwise, this will not work.

• avengedluvee

avengedluvee Aquatic Astronaut

I've tried everything. Running as admin, not running as admin, launching through steam, and both the "StardewModdingAPI %command%" and "J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%

Any solutions? Maybe it's a mod I have that is disabling it? No overlay shows and the achievements don't work. If anyone has any idea I'd very much appreciate it.
                            I'm running on Windows 10 if that helps.

• DeLuuk

DeLuuk Void-Bound Voyager

Life saver!!!

• Grendal27

Grendal27 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did the %command% thing right, the game works, achievements count, hours count, but for some reason I can't to shift+tab to open the steam overlay, which is bearable but kinda annoying. I have the most recent version of SMAPI. Any way to fix it, or anyone else having that problem?

• UndertaleFan92

UndertaleFan92 Space Hobo

Hello I can't figure this out could someone please do a step by step I don't have a clue when it comes to this stuff I can't play my game this is what it pops up too. it says that it could not find a Direct3D Device that supports XNA Framework HiDef profile. Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed. Make sure the desktop is not locked, and that no other application is running in full screen mode. Avoid Running under Remote Desktop or as a Windows Service. Check the display properties to make sure hardware acceleration is set to Full.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

This is an entirely different problem. I have a solution but I have to get to my pc to send you a link. Basically your card probably doesn't support something here. The workaround relies on "emulating" the space a graphics card would normally process. So if you happen to use the method I provide, be aware that you should at least have 3-4gbs of ram for the game to run at a playable speed.

• UndertaleFan92

UndertaleFan92 Space Hobo

oh okay that would be great. I hope it works I don't know anything on how to do stuff like this.

ok Aspire 5733Z-4851 Intel R Pentium R P6100, 15.6" HD LED LCD, Intel R HD Graphics, 4GB DDR3 Memory, 500 GB HDD, DVD Super Multi DL, Drive, Acer Nplify Tm 802.11b/g/n, 6 Cell Li-ion Battery. with Windows 7 and it is a Intel Pentium Inside. that is what it has listed at the bottom front of my laptop

Ok how do I get my Dedicated Video RAM to be upgraded?

My Direct X is up to date and it is good as well.

It also points out this--

It now says No suitable graphics card found? Could not find a Direct3D Device that supports XNA Framework HiDef profile.

Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed

Make sure the desktop is not locked, and that no other application is running in full screen mode.

Avoid running under Remote Desktop or as a Window service.

Check the display properties to make sure hardware acceleration is set to Full.?

I have no idea what any of this means or what to do.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
                                      • ChiChain

ChiChain Star Wrangler

I get an error along the lines "Game file "StardewValley.Game1.version" not found, any help here? I used to use SMAPI before I took a break from the game but now it seems my launch command is empty so I reput back in what I should of and get that error

• Kuranosuke

Kuranosuke Space Hobo

When I put in the path in the launch options I get an error that says that "Windows cannot find program C:/Program