1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help How to become admin

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Akirashima, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Akirashima

Akirashima Void-Bound Voyager

{
    "serverUsers" : {
    "Akira" : {
    "admin" : true,
    "password" : "pardonmedia"
    },
    "Lysator" : {
    "admin" : true,
    "password" : "slinky"
    }
    },
    "allowAdminCommands" : true,
    "allowAdminCommandsFromAnyone" : true,
    "allowAnonymousConnections" : true,
    "allowAssetsMismatch" : true,
    "anonymousConnectionsAreAdmin" : true,

Looks like this, but when i go to server it tells me that I am not an admin. Do i have to put Akira or Lysator as an username and then password to join server as admin? I tried that and it said there was no account or password was wrong.

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Did you run /admin before trying the other admin commands?

3. Akirashima

yes. it tells me "insufficient priviledges to make self admin"

4. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Code doesn't look right.

Gimme a sec. I'll update this when I'm done

Okay. Right click Starbound in your Steam Library, Press Properties, Local Files and Browse Local Files.

Under the "storage" folder open "starbound_server.config in Notepad++.

Press CTRL+F and search for "users", Its normally near the bottom.

Copy and paste this code.

Obviously you need to change the Usernames and passwords, and change false to True if you want your friend to be an admin

[​IMG]
    Click where the arrow is and press Tab (The button left of Q).

Save it, Open the Win32 folder and launch Starbound_Server.exe and you should be good to go

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  5. Akirashima

Sorry, you can close this if need be. Turns out my friend that had the server saved the file as txt instead of config... :nuruconfused:

6. Xarepe

Xarepe Void-Bound Voyager

-------------------------------
    Hey there
    i have the same problem and tried your post and it doesn't work, and for some reason it 'resets' the config file everytime, even tho i save it. when loggin in on the server what do i need to insert on the window? ip and what should i put under server account and server pw? i'm on 1.0.5
    Thanks for the time NVM IT WORKED thanks alot you can close my other post?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  7. Xilosc

Xilosc Void-Bound Voyager

Everytime I run the server it gives me this and resets the config file. I've copied and pasted the code above in notepad++ and I can't figure out what's not working. Do i need a language for notepad++ ? All I can fathom is that there's an error where there should be a " somewhere but I don't know what I'm doing.

[Warn] Root: Failed to load user configuration file ..\storage\starbound_server.config, resetting user config: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad string, should be '"' at 55: 3