1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How much can we edit planets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Spike, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaan

Khaan Contact!

There is no limit on the awesome power of making shit up.

Ted Gu likes this.
  2. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I just hope that not anyone can go around blowing up huge chunks of planets..

Ted Gu likes this.
  3. Spike

Spike Supernova

Perhaps you need to get a license to pilot deadly planetary weapons. And to get that license, you will most likely pass a sanity test, or simply threaten the DMZ (Department of Mobilized Zed-Heads) with a rubber chicken while wearing a funny hat.

4. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Well, sandbox means you can do whatever you want. And mining has been confirmed. So I think we'll be able to break blocks, and place blocks on other planets.

Ted Gu likes this.
  5. Spike

Spike Supernova

This would be for the best; although from the looks of the new pictures, you can build an entire base using a few, larger chunks of walls, since the walls look pretty much seamless and not in blocky form.

6. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

If you are in single player mode, you won't have to worry about this...in multiplayer...just be sure you only play with people you trust, I guess. I am still curious how multiplayer would work if players wanted to go to different planets. That could really tax any server machine.

7. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

Of what I heard, you would be able to build quite high up. And the planet, well you'll just pop up on the other end I guess o_O

8. gp2.eXe

gp2.eXe Phantasmal Quasar

This is something I wonder too.

It would be interesting if you are playing with 3 friends and you are hosting the game on planet Zellmaniaron IV, thus your machine is considered Primary Server, and then a friend decides to go back to his/her homebase planet Cheerfullya-xD, so their machine starts a temporary server for that planet becoming a Secondary Server (since they don't need the info about everything that's going on on your planet). Then if any of the other players decide to join that planet using the specific coordinates for it, they join your friend's server instead of all of them taxing your system for different planets (assuming that it would check to see if someone is already hosting a game on that planet by checking the coordinates).
    Basically that each player could host the game for their own planet, but being able to see things like their teammates' health, status, etc.

More on-topic: As long as I can build a big glass dome in which to make my main base, I will be a happy starman.

Zellman likes this.
  9. Halloween_King

Halloween_King Subatomic Cosmonaut

umm i heard you could tear take apart a planet brick by brick and rebuild it. that's a lot of customization

Zellman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.