1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

how many items do you think there will be

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Twiganator, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir ceil

Sir ceil Existential Complex

if it's ten dollars i am gonna be llike " FU** YES"

2. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

Over a sextillion. (lol)

3. Samster

Samster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the idea of having millions of weapons with different effects. I hate having people that find this one weapon that obviously outclasses them all but with that system it means finding the best possible weapon is extremely hard. :3 So... Over a billion items I hope! :3

4. Dorsidwarf

Dorsidwarf Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why buy when you can get it for free and then spend the rest of your life doing some pointless task that doesnt matter in the slightest?

5. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

so many items that the usual "big-chest-room" (xD, that didnt come out right) won't be sufficient. actually, i'm thinking about making a chest planet...

6. Bjorn

Bjorn Subatomic Cosmonaut

Probably over 9000:rofl:

7. Brainirrigation

Brainirrigation Void-Bound Voyager

It is and it isn't that much. Think of there being both a prefix and a suffix. So you can have items like "Super Sword of Murder" or "Big Gun of Slapping". Even if the sword or gun have one base set of stats, both the suffix and prefix could have a range. So say "Super" adds critical strike randomly generated between 1% and 10%. Then say "Murder" adds between one and ten bonus damage. You have a chance of getting a huge array of "different" swords even though, in a sense, they are the same kind.

Add dozens of different suffix's and prefix's with ranging values, with plenty of weapons and you get lots upon lots of weapons.

Ted Gu likes this.
  8. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope they'll add a huge range of weapons, but without procedural generation. Just giving a sword a higher crit chance wont really make it different :/

Twiganator12 likes this.
  9. Brainirrigation

Brainirrigation Void-Bound Voyager

Well look at the sheer amount of things supposedly in game. Going to take a whole lot of unique weapons and modifiers to get that way. So have faith :)

Edit: That, and look at games like Diablo and Borderlands. They used a similar item generation and it added a ton of fun and surprise to what you could get next.

10. Spike

Spike Supernova

This.

11. Twiganator

Twiganator The Count

actually from what i've seen i think there will be never ending possibilities of gun

12. Starbi

Starbi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More Items than you can store in a chest room which is big as a planet. ;D

13. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

I've got to say that there'll probably be over 9,000 items, at the very least.

14. Twiganator

Twiganator The Count

that's for sure

15. Vorco Rot-Gut

Vorco Rot-Gut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually checked the whole thread because I couldn't imagine someone hadn't made that joke yet xD

They did, sorry :<

Congratulations on saying the overused meme first! c:

Ted Gu likes this.
  16. Twiganator

Twiganator The Count

ill use it again OVER 9,000

17. Serp

Serp Zeromus

I'm just going to stick with Alot

18. Sir ceil

Sir ceil Existential Complex

the meme its over 9000 is like used "over 9000" Times