Modding Help How do you move in ship inventory box and tech box?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Traijan, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Traijan

Traijan Cosmic Narwhal

Hi,

I've downloaded a ship from the nexus site and it doesn't seem to have the 3d printer/ tech box shown anywhere inside of the ship. I've looked inside of the files provided by the modded ship and it does seem to include the techbox lines inside of that file (like every other ship files) but it just doesn't show up.

I'm starting to think that maybe the coordinates of it's location is what might be causing it, but not sure where that is actually changed and how if possible the coordinates would actually work if there is such a thing as coordinates for things like the inventory box, techbox, fuel box etc.

Can somebody explain to me how this works please.

Thanks

2. Nightmares

Nightmares Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The location of the 3d/tech printer is determined by the dropshipblocks.png. There is a field in dropship.structure that has a value that holds the RGBA values that correspond with the dropshipblocks.png pixel color that determines where the printer should be. If the color stated in the .structure file isn't on the blocks.png file, then the printer won't render. If it is there, make sure the entire field matches one of the pre-made ones.

Woden likes this.
  3. Traijan

Traijan Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks, that shouldn't be hard to deal with.