Modding Help How do you manually edit .player and .shipworld files?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by xioSlayer, Mar 12, 2014.

1. xioSlayer

xioSlayer Yeah, You!

I know there are applications that edit your .player files, but how do they accomplish this?

I read that you can simply edit the file with a text editor, so I did. All I did was add a single character to my character's name (I changed my character's name from Dr Raul to Dr. Raul) in notepad++

After I made this edit starbound would no longer recognize my save anymore.

What is the proper way of manually changing your player name?

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. Just stick to player editors. It took lots of trial/error/and deocompiling to read those files.

3. Rocket6488

Rocket6488 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I appologize for bringing up a dead topic, but could you point me towards a SHIP editor? I have a large ship with all my stuff on it.

a small, yet impassable bug is causing starbound to crash CONSISTENTLY.

the only way to fix it, that I know of, is to delete the .shipworld entirely.

4. TheElderScroller

TheElderScroller Pangalactic Porcupine

You could post your starbound.log file after you crashed. Maybe this will help.

I had a way to edit .shipworld files directly, but I can't remember how...

5. Rocket6488

Rocket6488 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've got a temporary fix working right now, i've also asked chuckle fish about looking into the issue.

the report that I could send to Apple (yes, I'm using a mac) says the following:

abort() called
    terminating with uncaught exception of type Star:: DBException: (DBException) Internal exception! block 2731 missing free index block marker!

any ideas?