1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

how do i spawn a weapon that kills Farm animals?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Qtw, May 13, 2017.

1. Qtw

Qtw Phantasmal Quasar

I want to start a farm thing...but i need a a way to get rid of the excess livestock just in case.
    i don't care what type of weapon it is...just need a way to kill livestock and if possible, only livestock with it.

also a request for the forums...can we have a secondary mod portion for starbound custom weapon commands?

i'd LOVE to see a database for commands to spawn in custom weapon types using ingame assets and not mods.

2. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

1) Craft a Relocator.
    2) Capture up to three animals with it.
    3) Dump them on some other planet.
    4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary.

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Hm...X3

There's the Gunsmith's weaponry which might be able to please you, at least partly x)

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

All friendlies have the same damage team, so you can't make something that only kills farm animals. So, besides using the relocator, there's really nothing you can do. You can, however, choose between actually moving your farm animals or just plain killing them off by making a small lava pool and dumping them in that (which is probably quicker than moving them if you have a lot of animals, since you can set up a small isolated pool relatively close to where your animals already are and not have to move far).

5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Take the relocator, pick them up, and drop them off an asteroid field. Let Kluex decide their fate.

6. sirpixellot

sirpixellot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well... interesting addition

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

the issue is the relocaor is tech a bit further up in the tehc tree, which is annoying, because putting cattles form a to b worked already like 10.000 BC and before.
    does using lava still work?

8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Yes, but you have to be careful not to kill anything you want to keep there. So lava, and then type in chat /admin and then /spawnitem with the itemname of the appropriate fluffalo egg (firefluffaloegg, icefluffaloegg, poisonfluffaloegg, icefluffaloegg and fluffaloegg are the itemnames) until you've got an egg for each fluffalo and then /admin again would allow you to remove them from where they currently are and place new ones somewhere else, or you could just do /admin, /spawnitem relocator and then /admin again, pick up and place each one down where you actually want them, and then delete the relocator.

9. Alliostra

Alliostra Master Chief

use molotovs, they basically burn anything