1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help how do i make myself an admin on my own..

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by CrimsonXenoa, Jan 20, 2015.

1. CrimsonXenoa

CrimsonXenoa Void-Bound Voyager

okay so i kep getting the insufficent privelages notice even though i'm on my own server, so a little help would be appreciated as i have tried modding the server configurations but only to get a .fail file each time :/

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to Multiplayer, under Server Help.

3. CaptThad

CaptThad Pangalactic Porcupine

Have you tried just typing '/admin' in chat?

Edit: realize now that you prolly mean on a multiplayer server, and that could very well be a dumb response.

4. DBCreeper

DBCreeper Void-Bound Voyager

I believe since the starbound server opens up in console try a few commands like /admin (yourname here) or something along similar lines.

CrimsonXenoa likes this.
  5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I believe you have to log in with a special password that can be accessed and changed in the server config, but I may be wrong.

teilnehmer likes this.
  6. CrimsonXenoa

CrimsonXenoa Void-Bound Voyager

i got it finaly

7. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

What did you do to fix the issue, will help others along the way.

8. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

I figured it out, posting solution for unstable build (Upbeat Giraffe).

1. Start server for first time, it will create starbound_server.config (in storage_unstable folder). (in giraffe_storage folder for the latest stable release).
    2. Edit starbound_server.config file.
    3. Insert password in this section of code:
    {
    "adminPasswords" : [ "password" ],​
    4. Save file.
    5. Restart server.
    6. Insert admin password in password field (see image below.)
    [​IMG]
    7. Profit!​

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  9. CadeStirling

CadeStirling Subatomic Cosmonaut

i just tried that...nothing happened >.>

10. CadeStirling

CadeStirling Subatomic Cosmonaut

after fiddling around a bit trying to get rawrkinrex's solution to work, i couldnt get it to work.

11. Shujah123

Shujah123 Space Hobo

This problem for me still has not been solved, PLZ HELP.

12. Dunto

Dunto Guest

13. SonicPaladin

SonicPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

This used to work for me, after a month of not playing, it no longer does. I've tried everything and nothing works. What has changed to make it not work?

14. JellyJam

JellyJam Space Hobo

Hey! Well, I figured out how to fix it. what you have to do is go into your starbound file, go into giraffe storage, and open starbound.config. After you've opened this, at the very top should be a
    Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 11.58.51 AM.png a thing that looks like that. Make sure that "AnonymousConnectionsAreAdmin" is true. Now, restart your server and you should be able to do the command /admin

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    alec2307 likes this.
  15. Dunto

Dunto Guest

This lets anyone who connects to your server without an account have full admin on your server, which is a terrible idea unless you can guarantee only you and a few trusted friends can connect to your server (if your server allows connections from outside your network then you can't realistically guarantee this).

If you're stuck trying to configure accounts, just ask. Taking a little time to learn how this works is much better than just giving full admin to any random stranger who connects to your server.

Fleder likes this.