1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed How do I know my NPC name is acceptable?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by kazaakas, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazaakas

kazaakas Poptop Tamer

Hello there,

2 Days ago I ordered the Starbound Gold edition and I entered a name for the random NPC's in the game.

However the name I submitted is in Cyrillic script and I was wondering if this would be accepted or not.
    I clicked the Submit Details button, but I can still change the information on the page, which seems weird, how do I know that my NPC name will be accepted by the developers?

Duke likes this.
  2. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Tiy said currently they only support just the English alphabet

Jonesy, Zoolot and Duke like this.
  3. 54x

54x Orbital Explorer

Think you mean the Latin alphabet- English doesn't have a dedicated alphabet. :)

Hamit Oezdemir likes this.
  4. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

I KNEW IT. I was a little unsure to go with the term latin alphabet. Cheers

Hamit Oezdemir likes this.
  5. Wolfchops

Wolfchops Industrial Terraformer

You can still change your name any time you want, it's not permanent until they close down on NPC/Credits submissions. However, I believe only English is supported like the previous people have stated.

6. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Finally, if your NPC name is deemed inappropriate we'll be in contact with you for a mulligan.

Showbiz and Axe Garian like this.
  7. venum4k

venum4k Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are numbers allowed? :\

8. OmnipotentEntity

No official determination or rubric has been compiled to designate which names are or are not appropriate. Just put in the name you like.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Wywern291

Wywern291 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can you have the name you choose to be in-game to only be generated for a certain race?

10. OmnipotentEntity

We're definitely going to have race specific naming, because an Apex named Bob is kinda weird. Just put any special instructions in parenthesis, I can't promise that they'll be followed, but that's the best way to tell us.

Kalvuric likes this.
  11. deadmatters

deadmatters Void-Bound Voyager

So what is if I choose a first and a last name? :confused:

12. Wolfchops

Wolfchops Industrial Terraformer

Full names work, don't worry. :p

13. deadmatters

deadmatters Void-Bound Voyager

okay, one last thing. is it gender senetive? :D

14. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Will there be different alphabets for the different races? Or will all of them stay in the Latin Alphabet?

15. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

Would assume regardless of what sort of writing, et cetera that a race uses (assuming they're different or even represented in game) the UI would translate to whatever language you have the game set to display (English, French, and so on.)

Edit: derp, was basically answered in a previous post by FrozenFlame. gg, brain.

16. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Not in that way -.-, As in an Alien alphabet, like the Galactic Alphabit minecraft uses for Enchanting.

17. Sundowner

Sundowner Astral Cartographer

So, what if there are NPCs that don't really have names, but have aliases. Will that be fine, or will I need to make an actual name that fits with the race?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.