1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help How can I put my existing single player world to server?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Qbi Wan, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

As above: I want to take my single player world & play it via dedicated player. Can I do that?

2. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

In my (admittedly limited) experience, the standard game and the server program use the same universe by default. As far as I know you won't need to do anything extra at all. I just tested now, launching the server and joining with my normal single-player character. I was able to visit my usual base world and everything. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

3. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, but how about hosted servers? It depends on brand, or all works in the same way?

4. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, you're talking about having a server hosted by a third party? I'm afraid that's outside my experience then. Hopefully someone who's done that can help you more, but I would think it would just be a matter of copying your universe folder to the host. But I'm unsure if that works across platforms, e.g. if your single player game was running on Windows but the host was Linux. Worth a try at least.