1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Hosting a StarBound Server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by IllusiveEnergy, Apr 21, 2013.

1. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi! I've been looking for a VPS host that I could run a StarBound server on for a few friends and I to play on together once the game is in beta. I'm looking to spend about 15 bucks a month on the server, anybody have some suggestions for potential hosts? :)

2. IllusiveEnergy

3. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

bump

4. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IllusiveEnergy likes this.
  5. IllusiveEnergy

6. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah cool :up:

7. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Thank you for the recommendation!
    I am an employee of CreeperHost and we will try and accommodate for Starbound as soon as possible, but you will have root/ssh access to set up the server yourself in the mean time :)

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moving this to the brand new server section.

9. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

I'd recommend Tunngle personally. :3

10. LuLzIHaZCaKE

LuLzIHaZCaKE Void-Bound Voyager

If you are smart enough to set everything up yourself, I would recommend http://digitalocean.com/ its cheap and unless starbound is a resource hogger, should be more than enough.

11. Guerilla

Guerilla Space Spelunker

I currently have a Minecraft server through Creeper Host, I spoke with a member of their staff and with just a 'Spider' package they said its possible to run both a MC and Starbound server for a few friends. I intend to take full advantage of that, but I beleive they won't have access to the server files until we do, and then from there how long it will take them to get it on their repo and ready for 1-click install, but either way you can always FTP/SFTP and install it manually as soon as we have access. Imo Creeper Host have always been very good with me, I recommend them for sure!

12. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Thank you very much Guerilla for your recommendation! :)
    I can confirm that we are Starbound Beta loaded and ready to go, all existing customers can install Starbound Beta for absolutely no extra cost and new customers can select Starbound from the order page! (Our new Starbound customers may also install Minecraft absolutely free as well, or Team Foretress 2 and a few others).

Our Starbound servers are also starting at £2.99!!!
    Not to mention we have 30% off for life at the moment with the code - SeasonsGreetings13

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  13. NitrousNetworks

NitrousNetworks Intergalactic Tourist

14. Spitfire

Spitfire Former Staff

Unlimited RAM, haha... >_>

15. NitrousNetworks

;) Try on for yourself if you want :)

16. Spitfire

Spitfire Former Staff

I just might! :lolwut:
    Presumably you own the physical hardware you're hosting on? If so how much physical RAM are you going to have per box, and how many users per box?
    Hopefully you're not overselling ridiculously! ;)

17. NitrousNetworks

Well we are very much in the testing stage and so £10 per month with unlimited RAM is so we can test how many on average we can get on a 32Gb server. As we cannot limit players or RAM, this is probably the only way we can do it. If we need more, we can do 64Gb.

But yeah, if you want to try it out, i'll hook you up with a free server! Email me at harry@nitrous-networks.co.uk

Spitfire likes this.
  18. Spitfire

Spitfire Former Staff

Fair enough.

Haha, I appreciate the offer! :love: So far I haven't had any real chance to play starbound as I've been busy moderating here and on livechat (and working, oh-god-the-humanity), but if I decide I want a server at some point I'll drop you a line! Cheers.

19. NitrousNetworks

Sure thing, offers always there.

20. Gajet

Gajet Big Damn Hero

I think it should be clear that your servers are not £10 per month. They are £10 for the first month if you use a promotional code and then £19.99 per month after that. To say they are £10 per month seems like false advertising.
    Now I have to say I've used Nitrous Networks before and their service is outstanding, but this does feel pricey.