RELEASED Hope's Mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Feb 15, 2017.

1. HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hello everyone, Hope here with a collection of mods I have made. This is an every growing list and will be added to periodically. My most recent mod will be showcased here at the top until the next one comes out.

Craftable Fish Bowl

Edit: I got this to work with Custom Farming and Custom Element Handler, so now you can have a moving fish bowl in your home without editing map files!

I was working on an interior farm house edit, and decided I wanted a fish bowl. So if anyone else wants to add one to their map here's the tile sheet. Feel free to edit it as you like, credit would be appreciated.

Fish Bowl 2.gif

First you need to download CustomElementHandler and Custom Farming. Inside the Custom Farming mod is a folder called CustomContent. Place the HopeWasHere.FishBowl folder inside the CustomContent folder. Now when you play the game, go to your crafting menu, scroll all the way to the bottom, and you should see a fish bowl and side table for you to craft.

Download
    Other Mods I have made:

Secret Springs.png

Secret Springs Explination.png

Waring: This mod does not currently support Fruit Bat Caves. I am working on a fix, but I do not know if one is possible. Please be aware before using this mod.

Download

Hope's Farmer Customization Mod

Overview Showcase.png

Accessories Showcase.png

Hair Showcase.png

Hat Showcase.png

Shirts Showcase.png

Download

Raincoat Preview.png
    Mario Preview.png

Justice League Preview.png

Avengers Preview.png

Sailor Moon Preview.png
    *These hairstyles not included in the collection

Pokemon Preview.png

Kanto Preview.png

Jessie James Preview.png

Hoenn Preview.png

Sinnoh Preview.png

Unova Preview.png

Kalos Preview.png

Alola Preview.png

Team Rocket Preview.png

Team Aqua Preview.png

Team Magma Preview.png

Team Galactic Preview.png

Team Plasma Preview.png

Team Flare Preview.png

Team Skull Preview.png

And many, many more un-themed options that were too numerous to add here!

Horse in Your Barn Mod

You built this perfectly good barn, and your lazy horse won’t go sleep with all the other animals. Now there’s a way to fix that!

Horse in Barn Example.png

Using Lavapulse’s amazing Custom Animal Breed Toolkit, you can now either replace or enhance your pigs to look like horses so they live in your barn. With this tool you can use ALL of those cute animal skins you’ve been trying to pick between.

Here is a great guide explaining how to get to the lite version of the Toolkit.

You can also you the newly updated MoreAnimals mod to add new breeds to the game.

Big thanks to gwynhefar for the explanation!
    "So, for people having problems with only being able to launch the light version *and* if you have the game installed anywhere other than C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley, I have finally figured out how to make it work. It was mentioned a bit earlier but I figured I'd lay out the steps I used to fix the problem:

1. Go to the location where you have Stardew Valley installed and make a copy of the "Stardew Valley" folder.
    2. Now go to C:\Program Files (x86)\
    3. Create a new folder and call it "steam".
    3a. Go into that folder and create a new folder called "steamapps".
    3a1. Go into *that* folder and create a new folder called "common".
    3. Finally, go into the new C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ folder that you just created, and paste in the "Stardew Valley" folder that you copied earlier.
    4. Now go back to your main Stardew Valley folder and run the toolkit. Brava! It works.

If you don't have the hard drive space to copy the full Stardew Valley folder into a new location, there is another, more difficult way to do it. Email me at gwynhefar @ gmail dot com and I'll walk you through it if necessary.

Now, if you are having the problem with not being able to run the full version and your game is already installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley then I can't help you :-( "

• In the toolkit load your save file (found appdata/roaming/stardewvalley/saves) and that should show you all of the animals you own in your game.
    • Next make sure to load farm animals to be sure you got all of the animals in your game.
    • The next tab is where you add animals. It's fairly self explanatory, just put what you want it to be called first, then the breed, then add the files. If you're adding a sheep you have to add the sheared image too. If you have a baby image add that too if you want. Some animals require it, so if your game freezes, check the error log for that.
    • The last tab is where you manage the animals that are in your game, in case you want to delete some. Once you've added animals, go back to the first tab and change the animals you own into the new breeds, then save the game.

"Go into the C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ folder and paste in the "Stardew Valley" folder, and run the toolkit. Brava! It works."

• In the toolkit load your save file (found appdata/roaming/stardewvalley/saves) and that should show you all of the animals you own in your game.
    • Next make sure to load farm animals to be sure you got all of the animals in your game.
    • The next tab is where you add animals. It's fairly self explanatory, just put what you want it to be called first, then the breed, then add the files. If you're adding a sheep you have to add the sheared image too. If you have a baby image add that too if you want. Some animals require it, so if your game freezes, check the error log for that.
    • The last tab is where you manage the animals that are in your game, in case you want to delete some. Once you've added animals, go back to the first tab and change the animals you own into the new breeds, then save the game.

Download the HorsePig and BabyHorsePig here: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/905/?
    The baby horse comes from Harvest Moon for the SNES, so I claim no rights to it. Feel free to edit it to match whatever horses you want to put in the barn. I would love to collaborate with some modders who have made horse mods. So if you are interested in making your mod compatible, please comment.

The Big Garage Mod

Sometimes you don’t want a horse or stable on your farm (or you want your horse in your barn with the rest of the animals). Sometimes you want to buy a motorcycle and ride that across the countryside just like your good pal Sebastian. If you’re like me and want something a little less eco-friendly to ride around town on, then you’ll need a place to store it.

Seasonal Garage Test 2.png

The Big Garage Mod uses lambui’s wonderful Tractor Mod and the in-game stable to create a large garage to store all your toys! There are two versions of this mod, one that uses Entoarox's Seasonal Immersion and one that doesn't.

This method is for those who want the garage and stable to be affected by Entoarox's Seasonal Immersion.

This method is for those who DON'T want the garage and stable to be affected by Entoarox's Seasonal Immersion.

If you're looking for some sweet rides, here are some mods you should check out!

Horse to Vespa Scooter - Pi.Curious
    Durarara Horse and Motorcycle - DrexomXander
    Moped Scooter Horse - monteso
    Ridable Bike - aobo11
    Unicycle - monteso
    Tank mod - AllyJamy

And if you have multiple save files and can't pick a favorite, there's always...

Dynamic Horses - Bpendragon

If you would like your mod added to or removed from this list please let me know

SNES and GameBoy Advance Hair Collection (Vol. 1?)

You can never have enough hair to choose from in Stardew Valley! These are small, categorized collections from various SNES and GameBoy Advance titles that can be added to your already growing mega collection of hairstyles. They are conveniently formatted in PNG so that you can open your current hairstyles.xnb and add whichever styles strike your fancy.

Men's Hair with accessories.png Men's Hair without accessories.png Women's Hair with accessories.png Women's Hair without accessories.png Turban and Hijab.png
    All of these came from various games, so I claim no rights to them. I did edit them a lot, but it doesn't feel right to say they are mine. So everyone is free to edit and use as they would like! And I have the accessories in color (like the red cape in the Women's styles) if anyone wants them. Some hair colors work with the accessories, and others really don't... Let me know if there is anything I should change or fix!

Mario Bros Preview.png Raincoat Preview.png Team Skull Preview.png
    These plus many more can be found in this new super farmer customization mod!​

Accessories

A couple new accessories, mostly facial hair from my original hairstyles mod, but there is also a few surprises tucked away in the file. So I hope you'll check it out!

Hats
    One of my most ambitious works yet! This mod doesn't just give you hats for the game, it doesn't replace any of the original hats! That's right, that's 45+ new hats in your game that you don't have to unlock achievements to wear. I am currently working on a new NPC store that sells these hats, but for now you will need CJB's Item Spawner in order to get these new hats. As an added bonus, these new hats, plus the old ones won't cover up your cute hair styles like they have in the past. Now you don't have to sacrifice a cute hairstyle for a cute hat!

Shirts
    Sadly I haven't done as many shirts this round as I have in the other categories. I have a bunch of ideas I want to do, but I was so anxious to get the rest of the mod out that those will have to come out in round two! There are a few new shirts to choose from, with more on the way. So be sure to check back soon.
    The pink raincoat is inspired by Ailin's darling raincoat for Jas

Hair
    Like the shirts, there isn't much new with the hair. Just three new hair styles to fashion yourself after Team Skull. More hairstyle to come soon!

Bonus

As an added bonus I have included templates for Accessories, Hats, and Hairstyles so that you can start making your own too! I would love to help out anyone who would like to learn how to make these sorts of mods for themselves, so let me know if you have any questions!

All of these new mods can be found in the Zip File below. Let me know if you have any trouble with any of them, I would be happy to help! As always, that you for all of your support, and I am always open to suggestions and requests, I just don't know how soon I'll be able to get to them!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Cool I like the hair we needed more of it.

addy468 and Gerndalf like this.
      • HopeWasHere

Is there a particular style you like best, or feel is under represented? I need ideas for the next mod :)

• Coolwyngs

Japanese and anime hair. Do you want pictures?

• HopeWasHere

Sure, if something stands out as do-able I'll give it a try. I did try to do DragonBall Z and Yu-Gi-Oh hair, but they're going to need more work

• Coolwyngs

yes those would be hare.

• HopeWasHere

Feel free to add any other suggestions, along with pictures if that would help me see what you mean

• wutangraiseu

wutangraiseu Master Chief

woow thank you for ecerything

• Coolwyngs

Like this maybe

Attached Files:

• Milkheart

Milkheart Void-Bound Voyager

Wow!~ I really like this so much! Especially the hair. :D

I'm sorry if this is a bother, but I was tentatively wondering if you could turn the "Female hairstyles with accessories" into an XNB for me? I don't know how to do that on my own, and it's probably the only one that I'd use! >_<

And if it's equally as easy, I'd love with one without accessories as well to try out, especially if both can be turned into one mod. IF NOT, IT'S FINE!! :D But if it's at all easy for you to turn one or both of them into an XNB for me to use, I'd really appreciate it! ^_^

• Crazykitty

Crazykitty Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, yeah I have no idea about making xnb files and so on, and was looking for new hair mods! :D I'd really hope for those hairstyles in xnb files... And hope that's not too much to ask!

• HopeWasHere

I'm glad you like them :) I would be happy to help you out. Are you using any other hair mods? Do you use a Mod Manager that merges .xnbs? I can make a plan file, but if you want any other hairs it could make it difficult. Let me know and I'll get on it right away :)

Milkheart likes this.
                          • Milkheart

Milkheart Void-Bound Voyager

I save all of the other hair XNB's in a folder, labeled. So I don't need to add it to any I'm using! My laptop can't use mod managers. It's an old'un. >_<

• Coolwyngs

Your hairs look great

• HopeWasHere

Thank you :)

• Crazykitty

Crazykitty Intergalactic Tourist

I have no idea about mod merges :s I'm sure I can look stuff like this up, but for now I've just replaced mods as I go and figure which of them had the hairstyles I've liked the best

• HopeWasHere

Heads up to those interested, this mod has been updated with new hair, hats, shirts, and accessories! Check out the initial post for details and download!

Minakie likes this.
                                    • ScalesofGrey

ScalesofGrey Astral Cartographer

Hello! Just want to say thanks for providing the templates for numbering/grid purposes!

Actually, no, I have a question.

I'm editing Data/hats.xnb and was wondering what this bolded part affects?

39: "Combat Beret/Berets have been a component of armed forces uniforms throughout the world since the mid-20th century./true/true" #!String

Edit: Wait, nevermind. I figured it out. Making it true won't turn your famer bald/get pigtails instead of the original hair they have.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
                                      • HopeWasHere

I'm glad you figured it out, that took me forever to understand :p By setting those values you avoid having the hairstyle change when you put on a hat, or make the hair go away completely so that you can have something like a hood.

It's great to hear that the numbering and grid and helping someone out! If you end up making anything with it, I would love to see :)

• ScalesofGrey

ScalesofGrey Astral Cartographer

I wish I knew about that sooner! Went ahead and edit some of the hats from the original game so I won't get those pigtails!

I'm just using it to compile all the various hat mods I collected in one giant file (I had fun writing the descriptions too), but I do want to try recoloring those elf ears of yours though.