Homeworlds for each Race like the Human Earth

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by VaeliusNoctu, May 19, 2017.

1. VaeliusNoctu

VaeliusNoctu Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello,

The game could need a Homeworld for every Race. Huge planets with big cities. For the Avians Large Pyramids and similar houses, for the Florans a big tree and tree houses, a steampunkt town for the glitch, an underwater City for the Hyotl, an 80s world for the Apex, and a Western town for the Novakids.

A new story where you rebuild the earth or a new earth.

Each homeworld should have an impressive government seat, Palace, Castel, Pyramid whatever, where the leaders are represented as NPCs (The Big Ape from the Apex e.g). As a player you should be able to work up / quest from Higher and Higher Rank NPCs until you get tasks directly from the leader. For quests, you should get race-specific rewards and reputation.

With reputation you can then accept quests from high-ranking NPCs and unlock cool new things. Maybe even reach a rank there to the right Hand from the Leader. Perhaps even diplomatic missions make for the individual races. Possibly even force the player to make decisions. For example, he can not reach the highest rank in all races, as some mistrust the player if he is too high Rank in a race they do not like. Increases the replay value.

Pangaea likes this.
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

There's some interesting ideas here but they don't feel that fleshed out. The idea of quest lines for governments might feel out of place for a sandbox. How would this be that different from how the game is currently setup with different settlements? It seems to be essentially the same thing, only on a larger scale. The idea of reputation is neat, however!

When you say quests could give race-specific rewards do you mean for the race that gave the quests or for the race that the player uses? Because if I'm a human and I complete avian quests and am reward avian specific things it wouldn't really benefit me. So it wouldn't make sense to complete quests for races different from the one you're playing. If it's for the race the player uses then it might get muddy with lore as to why certain races would have gear and things for other races.

What are these "cool new things" one could unlock with reputation?

3. VaeliusNoctu

VaeliusNoctu Pangalactic Porcupine

No, the equipment should only look specific to the race, but everyone should be able to use it.

As for the cool stuff, I do not want to know. The developers should decide. I want to be surprised.

I think it is very important that every race has a homeworld. So far, it is only isolated villages. In addition, it would be great to meet the leaders of the Races. A Beautiful Homeworld simply belongs to a Space SciFi-like game.

It surprised me that it does not already belong to the game. So far, as I said, they live only isolated in small villages together or sometimes in a big castle. All I have seen so far are outposts or colonies, which is actually illogical. ^ ^ As a researcher, i should also find the Great Homeworlds of the races somewhere.

I mean they have a technology so far advanced from ours, but live in villages smaller than our suburbs.

4. Vyrvin

Vyrvin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have made a huge city, not homeland but it is very realistic and simillar to our home's, earth city! Skyscrapers and more! Sadly, WIP :(

5. Jmack115

Jmack115 Orbital Explorer

it would be cool for giant coruscant like planets would have a dark underworld where you could get missions smuggling slaves or weapons and you could do missions stopping these jobs for the residential government it would make it so guards or criminals attack you based on which faction you chose or you could just hang out a bar or a shop just to make the city more dense and alive