REQUEST Hire-able Farmhands

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TheSecretman83, Apr 10, 2017.

1. TheSecretman83

TheSecretman83 Void-Bound Voyager

So, I was playing some Stardew Valley, talking to everyone at the Saloon, and when I spoke to Emily, she made an off-hand comment that blew my mind. She said she'd work at the farm, but she didn't think Gus would like her getting another job. This got me thinking, what if you COULD hire the Townspeople to work on your farm? My primary thought there was having them water your crops for X amount of Gold per X amount of tiles watered. I personally hate having to water every morning while I work towards Quality and iridium Sprinklers. I make my farm large enough that it eats almost all of my energy just watering. To be able to hire someone to help me water my crops would be amazing. I'm still working on a cost that would be balanced enough, but this idea intrigues me.

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

• TheSecretman83

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

The replanter mod does watering as well as seeds, so if you turn off the harvesting and only have watering on I think it would work

• TheSecretman83

Oh, cool! Thank you!

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

The watering (if I remember correctly) is free though, so if you're looking to pay for watered crops, you might be out of luck.

• TheSecretman83

Eh. It would be nice, for the sake of not being cheaty, but I can work with it.
            If I really feel like it, I can probably edit something to make it cost money for them to water.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

If you end up figuring out how to do it, let me know! I'd certainly be interested in it.