Modding Help Hi res mod? Please help.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Hueberry, May 26, 2017.

1. Hueberry

Hueberry Seal Broken

Sooooo, I'd like to create a higher res character sprites.

After digging around I can see that I would need a mod that updates all tilesheet references to use the larger sizes with SMAPI?

Usually work with textures and modelling so this is a bit out of my comfort zone :nuruconfused:

Where exactly are the references?
    I would need to edit them using visual Studio?

• rockinrolla

rockinrolla Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actual sdv already accepts 64x64 tile size default, I'm working on just that mod maybe I'll update my zoom mod while I'm at it.

Hueberry likes this.
      • Hueberry

Hueberry Seal Broken

Ah nice! Thanks. I'll keep an eye out :nuruninja:

Edit: Can we currently increase texture size on hair style and npc sprites?

Last edited: May 28, 2017
        • rockinrolla

Back when sdv initial relaese I played around with making an hdfarmer mod for personal use. Tripled the spritesheet. then made a smapi mod to load it. Looked like crap bc it was essentially a blown up original. Didn't feel like asking an artist make me textures, so I lost interest in sdv for a year and now I'm back

• Hueberry

Hueberry Seal Broken

Ah neat!
            Same boat but opposite end :nuruawe:

How do you increase sprite size?

Playing around with sprite shapes is hard when I can't test :nuruconfused:

• rockinrolla

You have to overide the farmer with new animated sprite method that uses a bigger sprite then scales it appropriately.
              Heres the code.
              public AnimatedSprite(Texture2D texture, int currentFrame, int spriteWidth, int spriteHeight)
              You would then set your new texture as your sprite sheet, the frame index and the height/width. Then you would draw the new sprite sheet with the draw method.
              public void draw(SpriteBatch b, Vector2 screenPosition, float layerDepth, int xOffset, int yOffset, Color c, bool flip = false, float scale = 1f, float rotation = 0f, bool characterSourceRectOffset = false) where scale would be used to determine the size drawn to fit the rest of the content,

Hueberry likes this.
              • Hueberry

Hueberry Seal Broken

You are a sweetie! Thank you :nurutease:

Can work with textures but didn't know how to get the textures to work. Ha :notworthy:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017