Hi I am A Elven Ninja ;)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by aquaclaw, May 24, 2012.

?

Your first day on starbound and u see a elf what do u do?

1. *GASP* AN ELF OMG *runs up to it* lets team togerther

48.0%
  2. wth ignore it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ...

8.0%
  4. attack it

8.0%
  5. grab a gun *pow pow pow*

28.0%
  6. just say hi and ignore him/her

8.0%
  1. mutanicdecreeper

mutanicdecreeper Poptop Tamer

I am also an elf, but not like a normal elf. I am a wild elf, which means i live as long as an elf, but i am very much an animal. i have the ears of a rabbit and the tail of a squirrel, lots of fuzz on my body and big rabbit feet. people think i am a mutant, but thats not true. i came from a tribe of wild elves, some looked like wolves, some looked like moose, and one looked like a sea horse.

2. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

welcome. i was half expecting to see a FF1 ninja as an icon for some reason

3. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Welcome! ...do ninjas normally announce that they are ninjas? Oh well~ Heh, your avatar reminds me of my old D&D days in the Forgotten Realms campaign. Ahhh, memories~

Fleshwarper likes this.
  4. aquaclaw

aquaclaw Subatomic Cosmonaut

ok well i would probly rather a player by reading and yea but i will give dungion master a shot, also with the books, what books do i need? is it just the starter guide, DM guide and the monster book? i was buying them of ebay because i carnt be bothered to go to kmart, are they even in kmart?
    lol, on my poll what did u chose

5. aquaclaw

in public starbound realms i keap it a screat EDIT: i mean is survers ;)

but on forums where nobody and get something like a huge greatsword (i prefer fast weps ;) ) THEN its a diffrent story, i say i am a normal person (and elf stays sceat)
    i am a elf, elves tend to not show the class with there uniform.

6. aquaclaw

:ninja:
    well most clan members aggred with me that it whould be good ( fine elf teamworking with a lizard man/slick/bagana :yoda: )

7. aquaclaw

i like your creativity, i am happy i made this thred, i found that there r more elves other than me FOR ALL ELF LOVERS, JOIN THE ELEMENTAL ELVES CLAN THE ONLY ELF CLAN MADE! EDIT: plz join, nobody has even spoken on the page for idk weeks (or months T^T)

mutanicdecreeper likes this.
  8. aquaclaw

i will buy them if u ancer this, once i have got it, who do i play it with?

9. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU...Nonoonononon anger...*sniff*...Ok its to degrading. I ask that you stop this nonsence, at once!

10. Fleshwarper

Fleshwarper Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok, you have to play with people that you can hangout with at least once a week. It's best if you have about four hours or more in which to use as a gaming session. The people that will be most likely to play with you would be friends from school or work and siblings. As far as how many to play I would say about 3 to 5 players and 1 dungeon master. This is not static as I have been the DM of a game and run a character at the same time with only one other player, so two people and it was still a blast.
    I'm happy to answer questions about D&D just let me know.

11. aquaclaw

i only need this last question before i will be buying them all of ebay

what books do u need because i am stuck thx

mutanicdecreeper likes this.
  12. Fleshwarper

Well, unfortunately this is where you have to make some of your own choices. First there is Third Edition, these books are what I use, that and a combination with 3.5. They work well together and are easy to learn as well as they are quite mutable in their rules. As for 4th edition... I want nothing to do with it. I picked up a 4th edition book in the shop and I had no idea what I was looking at. The math seemed to change radically, so I became comfortable with the editions I was using.

Anyhow, you will need at least:

The Dungeon Master's Guide Core Rule Book
    The Player's Guide Core Rule Book
    The Monster Manual Core Rule Book

Anything else like Monster Manual II, or Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, or Complete Warrior are optional but still add fun to the game and are useful is showing how easily rules can be changed in order to maintain a good time.

aquaclaw and mutanicdecreeper like this.
  13. aquaclaw

OK I HAVE ORDED A ( sorry caps) starter pack with 10 mini figures ;)

Fleshwarper likes this.
  14. aquaclaw

i have my freand who can come every 2nd week, i might be able to get him around every week when hes bro plays football and we can explore the paper :rofl: oh, would it still work if i downloaded the books of the internet rather than buying them? thx

15. Fleshwarper

Yeah, I think you can torrent PDF versions of the books. Not sure where though, but that's what I did for the Deities and Demigods book, works great... Let me know what you guys decide to do for your first campaign :D

16. mutanicdecreeper

mutanicdecreeper Poptop Tamer

hell yeas Piereïo is the best dungeon master! i have spent many moons rolling dice with him :laugh:

17. aquaclaw

downloaded every book and now if i am not to much of a bother because i am lost, can you make a charter sheat for me of a fast elf (rouge,monk something like that) you doant have to i just doant understand the charter makeing prosses ;)

Fleshwarper likes this.
  18. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Elves, -2 con PFFFFFFFFTTTTTTHGTGGYRGGFHVVEIBTFCTJGSHVGFKH

Oh my you guys gonna play? What time, and could I join?
    I'll make a lvl 12 paladin / lvl 3 yakuza warforged with gelatinous creature template, he's also an angel and a demon. I'll name him Sephiroth Goku.

...human rogue or cleric.

19. Fleshwarper

Well, I can't make a character for you since that would take a lot of the fun out of it for you and you wouldn't learn much. Not to mention, I have a different way of playing than most since I use a mana system instead of spells per day. Anyhow, let me give you a quick run down of how my players and I make our characters.

Use this sheet for a starting point http://www.rpglibrary.org/sheets/blackmoors3e/index.php

Character Description: Choose a Race, Class, Name and Gender for your character. You will also need Size (height and weight) and alignment. Other stuff like skin, hair and eye color is fun too.

Stats: Get some dice or use this http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm so you can roll up some stats for your character. Roll 4d6 (four six-sided dice) for each one, take out the lowest number each time. Then you can choose where you want your stats. Generally, you should only have 18 max, for any one stat. And if you roll anything less than an 8 for one... Re-roll that sucker. Race adds pluses and minuses sometimes.

Combat Numbers: Now look up the class you want and find your Hit Point dice. (use the max on first lvl or you will die fast, and roll random on every other lvl) Figure out your Armor Class with 10+Dex mod+ armor you are wearing. Base speed is usually 30ft. unless you a re a dwarf or halfling or something (20ft.) Your class will have your Saves chart (important) add the right stats to these.

Skills: Look in the player's book to find out which classes can get which skills the easiest. Figure out how many skill point's you have based on your intelligence score and them buy some skills. The max rank you can have in a skill is 3+your level (so, 4 at level 1) then add whatever bonuses like stats, racial bonuses and so on.

Feats: Now choose a Feat or two from the selection in the player's book as long as you have the requirements filled. Humans get more feats at lvl one but other races get some natural ones, like Darkvision and shit. There is a chart somewhere in the beginning of the players book that tells you how many feats and stats and things you gain every level, I think they are called Level Dependent Bonuses so you call look those up in the glossary... or index.

Spells: Choose out your spells depending on your class, some get them and some don't (fighter, barbarian, monk & rouge) and this is where I can't help much 'cause like I said my spell system is different than the books. Just read the crap out of the players book form the start. (Boring, I know... Admittedly, it took me about a year before I made myself do it and it was because my games were falling apart)

20. Fleshwarper

Equipment: Get the starting gold number from your class and go to the Gear and Equipment section in the player's book and buy some good shit. You will need at least weapons and armor, but anything beyond that is up to how you want to play. In a casual game, fuck buying food and water and other stuff like that, but if you want to be a little more realistic make your players feel hungry and suffer from stat minuses when they are starved or dehydrated and so on. Just find your own balance 'cause nobody like being a 6th level fighter who just died of starvation :facepalm: