Hi, hello from Virginia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Knightchi, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Knightchi

Knightchi Space Hobo

Hey, hello.
    Just downloaded Starbound on steam.
    Think I want to make a novakid character.

Any general newbie tips appreciated. Otherwise, always looking for people to play with.:nuruhype:

2. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Welcome aboard! I hope you'lll have a good time here ^u^

As for in-game tips, I'd say stock up as many plant fibres as you can, you can either make salves or ropes out of them, and both helps to survive a lot c:

3. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Heyo! Aawk~!
    Welcome to the forums!

For a newbie tip, I'd say I advice you to start growing some cotton early on. You'll need some.
    Also, collect all the plant fibres you can find, like Lodish said.
    As last one, I always like to take a trip 'round the starter planet right from the start. You could possibly find some ores or gear.

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums!

For a tip: when you first start to collect fuel from moons, only raid the surface for ore. That is to say, only dig down a little for fuel. Don't dig deeper until you've upgraded your matter manipulator a few times. The less you dig, the more time you have to run around the surface without running into the ghost. You can easily get several hundred fuel from ore from a couple moons.

5. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

[​IMG]

• Read the forum rules here
    • Avoid Double posting. You can always edit your previous post.
    • You can change your forum name here
    • The Forum Signature is off by default , you can turn it on in your account preferences
    • And lastly , have fun!
    • Also, I do free starbound-related art requests here
    • and Stardew Valley - related art here

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Why, hello there, fellow Sapphire :D

7. Rocket6488

Rocket6488 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahoy, good to see a fellow Novakid.

Some tips:
    1. Circumnavigate starter planet (as well as any others) and delve through any and all dungeons (despite how prepared you are).
    2. like mentioned above (@Lodish) plant fibre/plant fiber is essential, amass a stockpile and don't let it go.
    3. In combat, STAY MOVING! I cannot stress how important this is, even in later stages.
    4. Moons. Best strategy, probably strip mining, ALWAYS leave a path to beam height though. Also, like @Pangaea said, upgrade the manipulator before deep raids, where the abundance is.

Lodish likes this.
  8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Or blast off your foes before THEY can move :D

9. Rocket6488

Rocket6488 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fair point. Too bad early stages don't have the type of weapons available to thoroughly murder any enemies in the way...

Not to mention, the top tier worlds have the night crawlies that are more than moderately scary...

AND the Ruin fight, but, whatever floats your boat.