1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey all I have a mod type question for you all..

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Qweets, May 21, 2017.

1. Qweets

Qweets Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Has anyone made any type of Starbound overhaul that makes the game more RNG like it used to be in early access instead of it having basically almost a linear story to follow like when 1.0 released? I haven't touched it since 1.0 so this may have changed from official patches but if you know what I'm talking about and could shed some light please do. I liked the procedural nature of early Starbound.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  2. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I agree with you, 1.0 is kinda linear. One thing you could do is get some mods like FU to add some extra content. I'm not sure if there's a mod that completely takes out the 1.0 quests(they're kinda important for progression)

3. Qweets

Well I'm not trying to get rid of the linear 1.0 stuff I just mean are there mods that add more end-game stuff to do that basically lets you play forever? To be honest I haven't played through 1.0 at all..

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Well they've added some content after the 1.0 release. Of particular interest are vaults which can be completed after defeating the Ruin. They offer a kind of end-game play, like terraforming. They're also getting ready to add things like space stations which open up new possibilities for building and RPing. So there's some new stuff you haven't experienced if you haven't played 1.0 or beyond.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  5. Qweets

What is the FU mod?

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The early versions were actually more static and linear. Don't let nostalgia cloud you. And the procedural nature of the game is still procedural. That is not something that changes because it is a method, not a variable that can change. However the game does indeed have more biomes and micro dungeons to chose from, so the resulting variation is many many times more diverse.

The story part is linear, sure, but so to was the early version quest chain. Collect X, make Y, fight boss. Rinse and repeat till done. Otherwise the sandboxiness is still there, save for the temperature mechanic.

7. Falkenhayn

Falkenhayn All Chuck Norris backward gets you is Sirron Kcuhc

FU stands, not for a derogatory but rather, for Frackin' Universe. Be careful with the mod; there are certain aspects of the game that are drastically changed and some compatibility issues here and there.

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

But the most likely issue would unsurprizinggly that it makes your game slower, cos it's a helluva mod

9. Falkenhayn

Falkenhayn All Chuck Norris backward gets you is Sirron Kcuhc

Mine runs perfectly fine, but it's true that I have experienced problems in multiplayer.

10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, the issues of slowness might come also of the fact that you very rarely use that mod alone ^^

11. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

That doesn't make any sense.