Chat Hels Chatroom IV: Helen High Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Train isnt for a few minutes

There was a girl in front of me in the queue to buy train tickets and she was wearing her jacket inside out.

Lol.

Parrotte, Omicron445 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Brandon Sanderson's a great author for fantasy books. He tends to make actually very full worlds, like Tolken. He also goes at showing the worlds interestingly, with a more "Show, don't tell" way of explaining how the worlds differ from our own. That would generally not be good for a large scale fantasy book like this, with a world entirely different from our own, but he's good enough to make it work well.
    He does something really cool where most of his worlds are in the same universe. There's at least one person who kind of wanders through the worlds, and can be found in a couple of those books. There might be more, but I haven't caught them yet. There's kind of an overarching story layered over top his other stories which is easy to miss.
    He also has some really nice magic systems, he wrote himself a couple rules for how magic has to work for good writing, and he sticks by them well and makes some awesome stuff with his magics; he tends to use them cleverly. And at the end of each book is an arcane compendium, telling you what the magic is and how it works if you want to check how something works, or if something has the effect you think it does.
    In terms of where to start, he goes in trilogies; his website shows them well. I would recommend the Mistborn books, they're a reasonable length and have some really cool magic.

3. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

What an interesting and probably time consuming hobby. I love it!

RIP, did you tell her?

Also, I'm gonna post some weird but relaxing gifs by Carl Burton here because I don't know where else to put 'em.
    Ambient.gif
    Strobe.gif
    Hanging.gif

EDIT 2 (ELECTRIC BOOGALOO): @Jimlad 42 Woah, sounds awesome! I just wanted some books to fill up my spare time, not a three-course meal of literature with a small side of spare time!

Parrotte and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Good afternirn, everybody. <.</

Went back to playing FFXIV after a super long haitus. Got caught up on all of the story missions. Super stoked about the upcoming expansion. Oh! And I made a new friend online. :3 She's nice. It's sort of weird, though, because she also plays SCH and normally I find other SCHs annoying, but she was totally super nice and that's weird to me. I thought all scholars were supposed to be super snooty McDouchebags. <.<;

Oh well. New best friend! It's nice. <3

5. Hel

Nah. She had her earphones in

Now ive arrived in my city centre I feel... weird.

Edit: theres a guy wearing a dog mask walking about wearing like chains on his upper chest. Not even covering his pearced nipples going woof to random people

Can I go home now? I dont feel safe

6. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Nirning everyone

*pulls out waffle-sword*
    Sven isn't here, so I guess I'll have to help :p

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

H-have mercy! It was late and I thought it would automatically merge!

Time to enact contingency plan 21-A: "Scorned Moderator".
    Windows boarded? Check. Door blocked? Check. Phone charged to call 112 (dutch 911)? Check.
    Aaaaaaand time to hide under the table!

Edit: Also, g'afternoon or what have you, everyone.
    I'm still going to resisted the nirningolution.

See, I edited my last post. No need to lynch me. MERCY! I BEG MERCY!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

But... You still said a variation of nirning. Your assimilation has begun.

One of us.

One of us.

One of us.

One of us.

Jimlad 42, Surenu, Lodish and 2 others like this.
  9. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

M-must... ...resist... ...nirningolution...

How am I supposed to greet people otherwise.
    "Yo whaddup forum peeps"?

10. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Just do like I do! Look:

*crashes through the window*
    Hello everyone! :avalibleh:
    *crawls towards the door*

Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  11. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Sounds like a good plan!
    *flies out of the door like an arrow*

on another note

12. Hel

Don't worry much about it. They never actually hit people.

Parrotte, Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  13. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

If we're talking about Stormtroopers, sure.

And yes, being a jedi in Star Wars rpgs isn't all that's cracking up to be, at least until you get to lv 15. I always choose to be a Scoundrel, because Han Solo ofc.

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  14. Hel

I don't remember much about the movies with the exception of every single shot from laser rifles from the bad guys always missing, and its not like they were even close.

Someone should have taught them to aim

Jimlad 42 and Surenu like this.
  15. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

That's why, when I eventually become an evil overlord, target practice will be mandatory. Those who do not manage to hit the target after 10 attempts become the next target.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. BloodyFingers

At least Rogue One showed us why that happens. It's The Force.

By the way, Rogue One is an entirely different matter. While their accuracy still leaves some to be desired, they certainly were not blind firing there.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Hel

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Jimlad 42 and Surenu like this.
  18. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Right, I should become a politician instead. Basically the same, but I don't have to wear a ridiculous costume.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. BloodyFingers

That moment when your friend who has never even seen any Star Wars movies, gives you a random guess about the ending of the next movie and it turns out to be massive spoilers...

I don't know whether I shoud be angry at him for spoiling it, or at myself because it was so predictable yet I didn't realise it sooner. Maybe that says a lot more about Star Wars itself than anything else.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Good nirning everybody
    How is everyone today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.