Chat Hels Chatroom IV: Helen High Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

what did I miss for the topic at hand to become throwing knives?
    you aren't going to kill anyone are you, Meta? please let me watch if you do please tell me you're not going to kill someone.

2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I like knives. Easy to carry, easy to conceal and, when used correctly, your target is dead before anyone realizes what is going on. Seriously, if you're getting stabbed you'll only feel the pain when it's too late in most cases. I can see the appeal in larger weapons though, especially in spears - after all, combat is happening on the other end of a very long stick.

Jimlad 42, MetaFace and MilkCalf like this.
  3. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Yeah. Some people are getting too frisky around here.

4. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

What do you think about hidden blades?
    6ea060877e24592209f6d299ea035773.gif

5. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Not yet No I'm not...
    I freaking love old weapons, knives are cool, but I'm thinking more... "break" the big guy.

Two of my characters carry obscenely long polearms, Meta carries a massive (irl a weapon of the same size would be impossible to lift anyways) great sword. I'm a nerd...

6. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

There are easier ways to hide a blade than that. Your pockets, for example. Those also have the upside of not being prone to mechanical failure. A blade doesn't have to be long to leave damage. In fact, balisong-knives are outlawed in Germany not because they are so deadly but because they are so easily concealed.

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and MetaFace like this.
  7. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

That's fair. Any upsides to them? Besides looking stylish.

Jimlad 42, MetaFace and Surenu like this.
  8. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Actually, no. It's much easier to hide a knife in your jacket, your boots or your pant pockets, none of which carry a large risk of mechanical failure (and if your pants have a mechanical failure, you have a whole lot of other problems - charges for indecent exposure, for example). The only application I could see for spring operated wrist-mounted hidden blades would be to bring them someplace where weapons are outlawed, but those tend to have metal detectors so you'd be better off bringing a ceramic blade hidden the traditional way. Also, if you bring a weapon to a place where they are specifically outlawed you are in most (but not all) cases none of the good guys anyway.

Jimlad 42, MetaFace and MilkCalf like this.
  9. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

*smuggles ceramic great sword into country*

Time for chaos...

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  10. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Damn it, no fun. Good good, let's keep it v̶̤͋͘ë̷̗̍ͅr̶͕̍ÿ̷͍̠́͊ b̷̧͂ḽ̵̂͆ͅȏ̶͔̩́ơ̷̪̕d̴͕̉̐s̶̜͆̉͛̕ṭ̴̢͎̊͆̚ͅǎ̷͖̋͠ì̸̯̑̉n̸̥̳͓̜͝e̸͔͍̥̊ḍ̴̓ clean and blood-free.

And all you people talking about hidden blades.
    When I'm done with school I can carry a work knife in my pockets and just say I forgot to put it away at work.

*grabs popcorn*
    I like where this is going...

11. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Make me proud, son.

12. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Join me, we are going to take the Holy Land in the name of Hel.

Just let me grab my sword...
    metasword.png There we go...

13. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Helen Vult!

14. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Latin is a great language, too bad it kinda died.

etiam re mala

15. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Sic transit gloria mundi.

(Since non-English posts are against global rules, here's a translation: "Thus fades the glory of the world")

16. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I think that's enough nonsense for now, how was your day?

Jimlad 42 and MilkCalf like this.
  17. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I'm more a fan of technology, so I'll just grab my Tesla Rifle.
    Barring that, I employ the magics.
    Barring that, well...

*grabs a katana*

I'd like to know Latin, but I don't.
    Anyway, world conquering!
    Acta non verba!
    (Action not words)

18. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Aww. Well at least it has these:
    Gun blade: hidden_blade_gun_design_by_arceus2012.jpg
    Hook blade: HookBlade_Concept_Art.jpg
    Pivot blade: 58fa287b36bf7.jpeg
    Shock blade: Shock_blade.jpg
    Poison blade: "Altaïr created the Poison Blade, a supplement to the Hidden Blade that is hollowed within to harbor poison that could distilled when the blade is stabbed into a target. Because of its exceedingly thin profile and the requirement of a hollow chamber, the Poison Blade risked being particularly brittle, and in his codex, Altaïr cautioned that deviations from his exact schematics would likely produce a blade that easily fractures. Intended as an even less conspicuous weapon, the Poison Blade was not designed for high-profile assassinations, but to silently prick enemies and leave them to die slow deaths that may serve as diversions for other enemies."

Poison dart: The Italian polymath Leonardo da Vinci, using the blueprints found in Altaïr's Codex, he implemented further improvements to the Hidden Blade. During his time in Rome, he crafted a ranged-variant of the Poison Blade, a poison dartlauncher, which fired poison darts from a distance.
    Now I want a hidden blade... preferrably with at least some of those upgrades.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Jimlad 42, Parrotte and MetaFace like this.
  19. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

*GASP* Milk... you double posted ya goof...

I'm tired, pretty done for today, but I have to get ready for work tomorrow when I get home... *sigh*

Jimlad 42 and MilkCalf like this.
  20. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

By the way, am I getting a reward for this?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.