Chat Hels Chatroom IV: Helen High Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Well, yeah that's what I meant. You can't expect people to not be people. But if you're open and honest, then there's nothing more you can do and it'll be time to move on.

Jimlad 42 and BloodyFingers like this.
  2. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Yeah, I think I am finally ready to move on.
    You see, she was supposed to meet us at a farewell party for one of our colleagues. She never made it there. So I stayed behind to warn her that everyone went home and she shouldn't come, in case she were still on her way. After a while, I had a hunch and checked the club we went to the other night, just to see if she was there.

Well, lo and behold. There she was. Chatting with the guy she hooked up with that day at the club entrance. And I guess he thought he'd get one at me by holding her hand in front of me. I just smiled and explained that we were all going home and said my farewells. Poor bastard.

Yeah. I am done with her. Heck, I even tried to be friends but it seems she doesn't give a damn to even that. Fine by me.
    If anything, I feel even more ashamed for wasting my time with her instead of pursuing who really liked me. This is the last shred of goodwill from me she'll get to waste...

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  3. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

I'm crying right now!
    I can't see! xD

Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  4. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

That doesn't seem too bad, unless you were annoying about it or something(which doesn't sound like you)

Bloodsi, I'm going to be straight with you: From the way you describe her she sounds like a terrible person. She's done this to you twice, and it seems like she'll do it more. Some girls just like to the attention, and they're vampires for it. Please for the sake of sanity, get away from her. (Hopefully this won't bite me in the ***)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. BloodyFingers

No, I wasn't pressuring Yuki or anything. I simply didn't wait long enough for an answer before chasing another girl. The truth is, I should've pressed her a little. This time, I asked her directly if she liked me and again she said "yes". Then she said we'd talk about it more later.

She also reminded me that next monday is her birthday. She sounded like she wanted me to be there but I have other plans. She looked a bit dejected but said it was ok. I'll try to make it to both plans but by jove I'll make it there even if I have to cancel everything else. Yuki deserves at least this much from me after all that I've done.
    I appreciate straightness over deceit and I got nothing but the latter from this german girl. Would that I heeded your words sooner, my waffle friend...

Parrotte, Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  6. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

*sigh*
    Ok Bloodsi. Good luck at the party(and hopefully that ***hole doesn't show up)

I usually tell the truth. I was just stating that this is one of those situations.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. BloodyFingers

I think she will.
    And I should've expected this, but any chances I had with Yuki are now gone. She wants to be just friends too.

*sigh* serves me right...
    I understand. And I still appreciate it. I prefer an ugly truth over a sweet lie.
    And I've learned an important truth today. Or maybe I already knew it, but chose to shove it to the back of my mind:

We are always the "good guys/girls" of our own stories. But we are also the "bad guys/girls" on someone else's. And in most cases they are both correct. It doesn't matter how much wrong was done to me. That doesn't make me a "good guy" nor does it excuse the wrongs I've done to others.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Jimlad 42, Parrotte and Waffle-Chan like this.
  8. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Nirning y'all.
    Those are very wise words to live by.

Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

This man speaks the truth!

Nirning Sven :3

Jimlad 42 and Surenu like this.
  10. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

All is quiet in the meadow.

11. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Never expected something philosophical to come from a game's forum, but that is a quote that should go straight into a book.

Either way, there's plenty more fish in the sea.
    Or maybe you will become the fish?

------
    On another note-
    Jimlad, is there any post on the forum you HAVEN'T liked? :p

Hidari and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

How the heck did I know Russian nicknames better then you...?!

Nirning guys and Waffles.
    Nirning Valak/Valik.
    Nirning Charlatan.
    Nirning Surenu.
    Nirning EMag.
    Nirning Hidari.
    Nirning Blueshard.
    Nirning Firepaw.
    Nirnign Blaze.
    Nirnign Milkcalf.
    Nirning Hel.

Hidari likes this.
  13. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Hai guys.

Bloodsi. If you wanna chat about whats happened PM meX3

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

A lot of the stigma that surrounds alcohol usually pertains to the negative effects encountered through alcohol abuse.

It's also not for everyone. If you don't want it, you don't have to have it, and I totally respect that.

I personally enjoy alcohol from time to time because some types and combinations of the stuff tastes pretty good to me, and it oftentimes helps me relax.

And I never drive. I've already hardwired buzzed/drunk me to absolutely refuse to drive once I've had even one. I usually drink at home, and almost always with a friend.

While I could probably go on about alcohol safety practices, you (Jim) are probably not interested (because you made a decision not to partake) and that's fine! Judgment free zone here. :3

I will, however, say that chocolate ice cream + Guinness is my new favorite combination, though. <3

Oh. I forgot something, didn't I?

Ah!

Good afternirn, everybody! :DD Senpai is here.

You haven't seen any of my life advice given through incidental ramblings, have you?

Also, hello! I don't believe we've met. ^^

WHO ARE YOU?!

15. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Are you me?

Jimlad 42 and Hidari like this.
  16. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

I can say with authority that we are not the same person. :3 But! IRL, we would probably be best friends. Mostly because I see so many similarities. :3

17. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I second this. What's your opinion in the combination of Pilsener and pickles?

Hidari and Jimlad 42 like this.
  18. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Basically what I mean is that I don't like anything effecting me. Caffeine has an effect that I noticed; I didn't like that.
    I can only imagine that alcohol, which is meant to have a strong effect, would actually have an effect, which is not something I would like.
    I like being in control of myself, of my own actions. Not being forced to think any differently, to feel any differently. It's actually not a matter of safety that stops me, I never get that far into the thought of drinking it, it's the thought of getting drunk. Or, well, the thought of not being fully, 100% myself.
    Just my reasoning for never wanting to drink.

Although, that does raise an interesting question for me... Why are there absolutely no fancy drinks that aren't alcoholic? Surely you can actually have SOME verity in flavors that aren't alcohol, right?

19. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

One of my favorite bars that I have criminally neglected over the past years serves non-alcoholic cocktails. Nothing better on a really hot day than taking a break and sitting down on their front porch with a virgin pina colada and some nachos.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Okay, so... I'm going to cautiously admit that I've never had Pilsner. Not for a lack of wanting, but for a lack of exposure: the closest place that sells the stuff is about 150 miles from my location. That's not to say that I wouldn't go out of my way to go grab a pack. I've driven from VA to NC to get some Ace Pineapple Cider.

I'll take a trip the next weekend I have off and report back to you on my opinion. I assume it's dill pickles?

As I said, nothing wrong with that. <3 Personally, my first experience with alcohol was approached with scientific curiosity. I just wanted to know what the big deal was, and whether I personally would agree with the general opinion amongst friends who were already able to legally obtain the stuff. Granted, ultimately, my opinion is fairly neutral. I can live without it. But from time to time, I just feel like having a beer or something because I want to have one.

There's plenty! Aside from virgin variants, have you tried lemonade and vanilla ice cream? It's amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.