Chat Hels Chatroom III: We've been to Helen back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

From what I've read, he is destituted of everything he owned and ends up as a street pierrot in Naboo, trying to entertain orphaned children while being ostracized by everyone else. People accuse him of being a sympathizer of the Empire and aiding Palpatine's coup.

Jimlad 42 and Charlatan like this.
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

The Irony when a ridiculous character gets his shit together, turns serious - only to end up in a depressing future >.<

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. BloodyFingers

I get that people hate him. I do, too. But I thought that was a bit too cruel of the writer. Taking him round the back of the shed and offing'im would be more merciful.

Jimlad 42 and Charlatan like this.
  4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

while i am terararing, I am daydreaming about a character who is the protagonist of a story, but he knows that his universe is fiction and he uses that as a reason to be a lazy asshole.

"HELP ME I'M DROWNING" another main character yells
    "nah, you're too important of a character to die in such an anticlimactic manner. you'll be fine" he replies.

5. Charlatan

Lord 4th Wall sounds like he would be quite amusing material for a story / show / mod :p

Lodish and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

*ahem*
    Better.
    So, what has you feeling so chipper today?
    Always fun, breaking the forth wall.
    I've considered it might be fun to have a story told by the protagonist who's super power is, in essence, narration and fourth wall breaking. The story starts with him about to die, he then notices that he's narrating the start of the book and rushes to a flashback so he can have some time to think, time to try to explain to his past self what's going on, and often tries to drag the narration over to what the villain is doing so he can figure out how to not die at the start of the story.

MilkCalf likes this.
  7. BloodyFingers

I remembered Medaka Box reading this idea.

there was a villain there that knew she was in a manga. She knew she wouldn't win against the main character, no matter what, because the writer wouldn't let her. So her idea was to make another character the MC by way of a popularity contest, thus making the victory against the former main heroine possible. And she did it. :rofl:

MilkCalf, Charlatan and Jimlad 42 like this.
  8. Charlatan

In my head, this story starts out with the character having a gun pointed at his/her face by some villain, going:

"You seriously think they make a manga about me just to let me die on the first freaking page? ._. "

What's in that spoiler is pure genius.

MilkCalf, Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. BloodyFingers

It would've been, if not for the subpar execution.

Simply put, the choice of the new protagonist wasn't well received by the readers. He just wasn't as strong a character as Medaka Herself.

Charlatan and Jimlad 42 like this.
  10. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

That might be worth watching, that sounds amazing.
    Aaand it looks like a "Fan service the anime" type anime... Am I right in that guess?
    Proper fourth wall breaking can make any story really fun. Know any good anime/books/anything with that or are we just doing some wishful thinking?

Charlatan likes this.
  11. BloodyFingers

Not overly so, but it gets a bit fanservice-y at time. It doesn't get past panty/bra shots, though. You can easily do worse nowadays.

BUT, I am not sure if the anime got that far in the story. I only read the manga, and in fact recommend doing so as animes have a nasty tendency of cranking the ecchi up for audience instead of toning it down or keeping it as is.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. Charlatan

Unfortunately, just wishful thinking.
    Or is it an opportunity for one of us to write/paint it ? :nurutease:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Eh, but I can do better.
    Like X-com Long War. (Please stop me.)

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  14. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Enh not a lot tbh, just feel it

MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  15. Charlatan

Still having trouble?
    I think my biggest problem with X-COM is, that in any strategic game with forces/teammates at your command, I consider it a personal failure if any of them dies.

MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  16. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Huzzah let's have a waffle party!

themushroomlord and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. BloodyFingers

*Implying panty shots are bad*
    :wut:
    But yeah, Medaka Box isn't that great. It's fun, but it's not exactly memorable save for these random bouts of genius.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Charlatan

I suddenly want to watch you tell that to some IRL tsundere :giggle:

MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  19. BloodyFingers

I french kissed my mother once.

You can't break me.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

The issue isn't that I'm having trouble in it right now, the issue is I keep going back to it. It's an abusive relationship, and the proper way to deal with that is NOT to keep going back over and over.
    Now excuse me, I need to deal with an exalt base I am woefully unprepared for.
    I know that feeling. It's a great feeling.
    Why am I so happy as I die to this exalt base?
    I've never been a big fan service guy. Or at least, none of that type. Oooh, Aldnoah, now that had the fan service I wanted. SCIENCE AND LOGIC GALORE!
    My only issue with it is
    Inaho ended up beating the Tharsis in such a simple fashion. Group up and hit it til it dies. There's a much better way to deal with it. There's one weakness to something that lets you see the future, it lets you see the future. All Inaho had to do was wait for Slain to react to his attack, and react to that reaction. Stop fighting a losing battle by sheer bullet mass, win the final fight by wits!

too many spoilers;didn't read, the final battle was a letdown and could have been done much better.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.