Chat Hel's Chat Room of Off Topicness II: Helbound.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

It's written by sieur Hitler himself. He wasn't exactly known for being entirely sane.

Also look at you fancy man. Sneezed on it?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Just got home, with the subway being on time for once.

Ha no, our archivar would have ripped my spine out :D

What's the oldest thing you guys ever worked with? For me, it's the first mentioning of my hometown in a document I used for my bachelor's thesis, dated 1017.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Sorry I'm late again. I have a lot on my mind and I keep forgetting things. My parents insisted that I stay home today too just to be on the safe side. I watched a lot of Shana. Enough to grow tired and pick up Of Orcs and Men again. I need to pick a strategist, a warrior and a scout among a temporary fighting force of mine. The big hulk that speaks in third person was an obvious choise for a warrior and a cowardly and subtle orc (that worked for my enemies) will do for the scout. Problem is, I need to choose a tactician between someone who seems to not stand out with any particularly good quality and a boastfull one that exeggerates his skills. Tough choice. Might need to just google it.

But enough of my ramblings. How about you yourself?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Uh, sorry if I was being obtrusive there.

I'll just shamelessly admit I was catastrophically drunk? :notworthy:
    But then Surenu said pretty much what I meant.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

National TV news, talking about the snow and cold temperatures, all is well unti the woman narrating ends it with "temperatures tomorrow will be as low as minus 0°"

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

The oldest thing I ever handled might be either the chest we have in my room, the finger decapitator we have somewhere in the living room, or the tools I got from my school for last course.

-0 degrees? Or did she mean ABSOLUTE ZERO :O

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. KookyKeronian

KookyKeronian Parsec Taste Tester

Hihi Hel. ^_^
    Just got out of school into the -5ºC cold. (normally temperatures below 0ºC are not a thing here, I'm not complaining.)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

What a brain fart. Well 0 is the separation between minus and plus so it could technically be considered either one of them.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Zero means uncomfortably cold, below zero means very cold.
    I recently learned that ice likes to form on the inside of windshields when there is a cover on it, but not when there isn't a cover. I don't get it.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Charlatan

I know a bit about how temperature and condensation works, but I dont get it either. oO

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

CFPD (Chuckle Fish Police Department) I'm here about a murder. A murder of tenses.
    That's right, he used present/future tense, then past, then future! It made no sense!

Nirning guys.
    Nirning Hel.

themushroomlord and MilkCalf like this.
  12. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

There was a guy watching my house when I left my house, staring at my car too.

I keep thinking what if he tries to steal my car? Even though theres a steering wheel locker and iron posts guarding the car.

Waaaaaaa

13. Charlatan

Gief personal teleporter to wait for that guy to try anything.... :viking:

Jimlad 42 and Parrotte like this.
  14. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

This is where you indulge in the good ol' American tradition of owning a gun, a good bit of the tradition "Shoot first, Questions later"
    After taking shooting classes from Dutch "My warning shot landed in someone's head" Police

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Don't even kid about that. Guns are dangerous and should only be used by experts with an actual good reason to use them.

Parrotte and Jimlad 42 like this.
  16. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Always go for the ears. Hurts like hell (lol) and there's close to zero defense options. Also, alert the neighbours.

Parrotte and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I was kidding about Hel using a gun (except an airsoft gun maybe), but I wasn't kidding about the rest.
    Americans do like their guns, and do like shooting first and asking questions later.
    I wasn't kidding about our police forces either. A couple of years back someone DID get hit (and died) because of a warning shot hitting him in his head.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

No but you did kid about it being acceptable. Forgive my coldness. This has nothing to do with you. I find this thing with Americans and guns disgussting.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

IMO Guns should be used for Army or Police use only. Police have authority (Like IRL Forum Moderators lol) and should use them when they feel like their life is on the line

Army is kinda obvious why.

Americans really shouldn't have guns. Look at all the shootings that happened. Only the Police. Our Police force don't even use guns. Hell one Police officer got blasted by the News because he killed someone with a taser, and now our Police are considering abandoning Tasers, cus one guy died. We only have guns for Terror alerts, guarding the Queen and only if the Officer has had a ton of training for them.

MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  20. Charlatan

I think I totally agree, I think....?
    I am inclined to ask how the hel someone managed to kill another with just a taser. Heart failure?
    Are policemen (and women) over there actually doing their job without guns?
    Even ours have the good old GLOCK but its basically never used.... And that queen of yours doesn't deserve special treatment ;)

Overall.... that american shootings show the real flaw indeed. How the hell can teens, kids, get weapons so easily?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.