Chat Hel's Chat Room of Off Topicness II: Helbound.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

7am mediterranean supernova sun + direct view on port = worth waking up

[​IMG]

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

possibly the best non-cat gif on the internet.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Black mould, high voltage cables from the ceiling, laser accidents, GSG9 raids on suspected terrorists, water damage everywhere and salad dressing that tastes like shampoo: I love my uni. She's a disaster, but she's my disaster <3

Jimlad 42 and Parrotte like this.
  4. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

O_O

But...wha...?

L_L

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Public institutions have to give building, maintenance etc. contracts to the lowest bidder nationwide if I recall correctly. Turns out a lot of them aren't the lowest bidder out of the kindness of their hearts....

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Er..

I see

o_O

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

It's really not as bad as I'm making it out to be, it's just that the problems that exist are very visibile. ´We have very nicely stocked libraries, with the main library being open until midnight because they know how students function. The library computers are a bit outdated (they run on XP) but are getting replaced gradually.

8. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

That's what happens if you automise too much. No one actually does anything more than they are payed to. *Sigh* If this world worked logically it wouldn't be this world.

9. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Gotta love our imperfections though. In a world where a cat holds an official position in the government of the UK, things can't be too bad ;)

EDIT: Before anyone calls me a liar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Mouser_to_the_Cabinet_Office

Jimlad 42, Parrotte and MilkCalf like this.
  10. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Hey that's a great idea! We should put cats in elections and when they undoutedly win because of the power of cuteness, we will have politicians who don't lie!

Jimlad 42, Parrotte and Surenu like this.
  11. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

That's what they want you to think tho.

12. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I love my Electrical theorem teacher.
    You have a test today! You can keep your formulas next to you.
    Big test? Nah, only 10 questions. You're free to go afterwards. What, you have me for another 1,5 hours after break? Bother.

This is a story about how I casually finished my test in 30 minutes and got to go home like, 2,5 hours hours earlier.

(Theoretically, if I were to get hurt between now and 14:45, my school will be held responsible because that's where I'm supposed to be.)

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  13. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Back in school my math teacher used to do that. I still, somehow, managed to fail though.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Always write down the formula you used, the calculation itself and the result. All 3 can still get you a point.

As for actual maths, some people are failing epically at the basics.
    I feel like I'm going to school with a pack of mentally challenged monkeys.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Well, fortunately I don't have to bother with equations anymore.

16. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Hihi peoples.

Hows everyone

Jimlad 42 and Surenu like this.
  17. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Hey Hel [​IMG]
    Well, they finally fixed the problem that was making it so I couldn't load a lot of pages on the forums (including most of the pages of this chat) so I'm happy [​IMG]

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Bored at uni, but I need my citations. I'm almost finished though, all I'm waiting for is that the guy in the booth next to me is finished with the 1941 original handbook for racial hygiene that I need to cite for my paper on the holocaust.

19. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Alive and bored, dunno wot to do. Probably either spriting or Derp of Wer: Teh Lewst Stehnd.

And you?

Just get Mein Kampf and watch everyone around you bleed from everywhere because reasons.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I study history, so I work with those books on a practically daily basis and the people who are in the library with me do so as well. Also, funny that you say it, I just put Mein Kampf away. The Nazis aren't exactly renown for their literature, but Mein Kampf is easily the worst given how stupidly it's written.

Last week I handled an original document from 1553, that was cool :3

Jimlad 42 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.