Chat Hel's Chat Room of Off Topicness II: Helbound.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I just pressed a button, and then turned a dial until what I assumed were the right numbers popped up. Then I pressed the start button.
    Code was 1: 00. 0: 30 was not strong enough and 1: 30 was too much.

Yes you are guilty. As charged.

Edit: Darned catface smileys.

MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Hey I liked them.
    Why the edit :p

Parrotte and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Because "1:30" or "one cat face zero" is a bit off an odd way to say "one minute and thirty seconds"

Lodish, MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

There are easier ways to get rid of a smile you know. :3

Parrotte likes this.
  5. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

But doing it the easy way is no fun! :D

Jimlad 42 and Charlatan like this.
  6. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Insane as that may be, that'd be one Hel of a trip. I'd even have to go up the Panama river, somehow. :rofl:
    And then I'd have to cross the entire Central America (yes, that is a thing) and cross the Mexican border (And the subsequent Wall that Trump has promised to make). THEN I'd take Route 66 despite it being a massive detour because no self respecting biker would pass up the chance to ride there. Then I'd head up to the Niagara Falls to finally reach the Canadian Border. And then I'd drive some more until I reach Vancouver in British Columbia.

That is not a bad thing in my eyes. I'd totally go on that adventure, though it might just be the last thing I'd do in life. :rofl:

7. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Well death comes to everyone sometime. Might as well do something worth dying for.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. BloodyFingers

Mind you, I would be evading international authorities all the way up there, since the whole point of the trip would be to obtain permission for me to be there. :DD
    Oh, and yes. I'd do the whole trip on bike! :headbang:
    Damn, that sounds metal af.

Now, which bank do I rob to make that even remotely affordable? Or can I hit some shops on the way for quick buck as I go?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and Parrotte like this.
  9. Charlatan

I can vouch for @Firestorm258 that just doing something risky and stupid that might end your life can be really fun and worth it :p

10. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

I've lost count of my very close calls when skiing. You don't know how tough your legs really are until you take a rough spill while skiing down a steep hill.

Jimlad 42, Parrotte and Charlatan like this.
  11. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

I am a genius!
    So i'm playing this game where a certain boss has 3 items with 10% drop rate, one that i'm farming for, and one that i could potentially use.
    Now in the real world, equal 10% drop rate translates into getting the third one that i don't need at all, 8 times in a row.
    I would sell them each time, before the next run.
    But i started to get frustrated and decided i would keep them and make a screenshot with all that useless garbage to better complain.
    This apparently put the priority of getting many useless items higher than the original one.
    I got the item i needed the very next run.

I have tricked RNGsus

12. Charlatan

So complaining enough gets you what you want? I think I last saw that as a child, watching the simpsons :p

13. HueHuey

No.
    When i tried to get the item, i got showered in so many of the least useful one that i changed my mind and wanted to get a lot of those instead to shitpost about it.
    As soon as the elder gods noticed this change, i instantly got the initial item.

14. Charlatan

The power of irony, then!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. BloodyFingers

I dunno about you, but I usually get what I wanted ONLY when I stop wanting it so badly. I have lived by that rule my entire life.

Example: I always wanted a Harley Davidson. It has always been outside of my reach, financially-wise. So I stopped wanting it so much because my poor ass couldn't afford the maintenance keep anyway.
    Now my father bought one for himself and told me that it will soon be mine due to his old age... :wut:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

inb4 your dad will become a living skeleton and the ride never ends.

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Charlatan like this.
  17. HueHuey

[​IMG]

18. BloodyFingers

Shit, he'd finally get some respect from me then! :headbang:
    I think he's a taxi driver nowadays. No, seriously. The new Ghost Rider rides a... car...

Fun fact: His name in portuguese is roughly translated into "Ghost Biker". Here, they specified that he is a Biker. And a male. Because in pt you have different adjectives for males and females most of the time. And they didn't change the name after he ditched the chopper for a muscle. Now they announced that a woman will be the new Ghost Rider. What will the pt-BR folks do then?! :rofl:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. KookyKeronian

KookyKeronian Parsec Taste Tester

How to procrastinate 101:
    Playing Pokémon Moon = Worries go away and I feel like a kid again. (ok, I know I'm just 17... Let's just say I feel like I'm 7 again)
    Doing anything else = "Hey, it's me, Self Loathing!"

I caught a female alolan Sandshrew and named it after our favourite norse goddess. The naming was appropriate because she later defeated a Sneasel that was 10 levels higher than her. (iron defense spamming+slash spamming=win).

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

We're taking over classic movies with iconic male protagonists X3

I can hope... 3 letters?

MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and KookyKeronian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.