1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Hylotl decorations...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by leracos, Feb 7, 2015.

1. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

In all my travels, Koala or Giraffe version, I've yet to find Hylotl settlements. DO they exist, and furthermore, where can I get decorations of theirs? I want to finish up decorating my ship and making a home for my lovely Hylotl. :D Thanks in advance!

2. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

They don't exist. If you want hylotl decorations you'll have to use mods or print them in admin mode.

3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Not yet. This new update, it appears the priorities were hashing out the universe layout, the mission/progression system, and reworking the underground to be less... boring. So not so much work done on big structures outside of those areas.

There's only been a few new additions to stuff you can find aboveground... I've found a new-top Avian gray tomb (temple-like rather than bird-head) and the all-new Floran hunting grounds.

And apparently they're still working out how to get the underwater Hylotl cities they wanted without flooding.

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

At least the resources are still there, I think. At least in koala they were. Sure they didn't up and delete them, as they are some nice resources; this included a dungeon or village thing underwater place.

But as m_sipher pointed out they have yet to work out the problems with things like that. They really aught to make some surface ones for the meantime while they sort those out. That way we could get at least a portion of their content into building without having to resort to a recipe mod...:)

Can say the same for some other races as well that don't have their stuff fully in game. novakid far as I know hasn't any for obvious reasons; as they were recently put in. Sure things will come in time.:D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  5. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Good to know. My Hylotl ship is very clean looking with complete living quarters for villagers, storage areas, and full wired doors. If you'd like me to post a picture with the wiring diagrams I am happy to do so. :)

6. Bronze Dog

Bronze Dog Starship Captain

Disappointing to hear they didn't make it in, yet. At least I can /admin in single player to build my own Hylotl cities.

7. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

admin and use the 3D printer is the only want to get those goodies so far.

8. DDrazard

DDrazard Starship Captain

Now, they added little house in ocean planet. When I say that it is just some little structure, but it is better than before. I don't know how to get all fourniture.

9. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Ocean planets have hylotl beaches, with other structures present and planned for in the nightly. You can also find underground hylotl ruins now too.

pop-yotheweird likes this.
  10. DukeLebowski

DukeLebowski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A way to get Hylotl furnitures in Stable: Find some Ornate lamps in swamp shacks or any other dungeon. Then, create a tenant house with some of the ornate lamps and add some containers. Place a colony deed, and this should spawn a hylotl
    merchant that will sell hylotl decorations. Destroy the deed and place it again to have a new merchant that will sell different decorations. Enjoy!

Faeryheart likes this.
  11. DDrazard

DDrazard Starship Captain

I tried a similar methode (with different object and method to obtain the first object), but the fourniture that I found was always the same and I don't think that they are all available by this method.