Modding Discussion Help with adding a new character

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KATpwnd, Nov 27, 2016.

1. KATpwnd

KATpwnd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I was thinking that I'd love to have a police officer / Sheriff in the city. just in case something happens :p ( even though he'd probably only have to pick up Shane to have him sober up lol )
    I already have tons of ideas for heartevents and so on.
    I don't have too much knowledge about coding though and don't really know where to start off with. Is there maybe a collection of tutorials for this? Or is someone willing to explain it to me? I'm a fast learner and if I know where I should start I'd probably get the hang of it rather quick so yeah.

What I plan to add is :

- His own house + a police station
    - Heartevents
    - Make him a marriage candidate
    - Custom dialogues for everything
    - an everyday schedule

So I have a basic idea on how to add furniture/buildungs/sprites/visuals, but I don't really know how to add a slot for a new character or how to make new buildungs work. Also, I don't really know how to add or edit dialogues. Would I need smapi for this? I've seen mods where smapi is only needed for the festivals so I was wondering. Also, would I, as a beginner, be able to do this or should I start with easier things?

• KATpwnd

Okay, I've read through the general modding and the tIDE tutorial. The only thing that I don't really understand yet is the heartevent thing. I've gone through all the event codes and I really don't get it. Could someone explain?

• rosyrain

rosyrain Void-Bound Voyager

this sounds like such a good idea!! i hope someone can help you soon <3

• alumie711

alumie711 Aquatic Astronaut

• KATpwnd

Thank you very, very much!

I'll try to get back to coding very soon but I had quite a lot going on. But no worries, I definately didn't forget!
          I'll read through this very soon and start programming and pixeling. I've already finished the police station.

Also, thanks for showing interest <3 kind of lost a bit of motivation there but completely got it back!

Oh, and as well, I could need some help with the events due to the fact that I'm not a native english speaker and sometimes struggle with describing things and the grammar, so if someone would like to help me with that, I'd be very glad. :3 Since I want this mod to be as enjoyable as possible