Modding Help Help sharing my mod... how to do it without changing player.config? :(

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Brentc333, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Brentc333

Brentc333 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have my mod all set with a new crafting table and items, but how do I make it so when someone else downloads the mod they don't have to go to their player.config and type in all my new recipes? I want them to just be able to add the mod to their folder and edit only the bootstrapper... or even remove having to edit the bootstrapper if possible (my friends an idiot)

2. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

You didn't have to make another thread just so you can call your friend an idiot :p, it's just the new version changed it.
    in your /mods folder, put another player.config a copy of the default 1, and add your recipes to it.

3. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Introduce a smelting recipe that smelts any vanilla item to either a custom item or just your new crafting table.

Then include this in yourcraftingtable.object:

Code:
      "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [
          "item1",
          "item2",
          "item3",
          "item4"
      ],
    Make sure to only have a comma after all items except the last one in the list, as I've done here as well.

Rukrio likes this.
  4. snipercup

snipercup Aquatic Astronaut

5. Nightmares

Nightmares Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could write a script that downloaders would be required to run that would make the changes to the player.config or bootstrap.ini for them.

Edit: You could also just edit hunting drops and treasure pools instead. If you make the blueprint for your item appear in treasure pools you won't have to edit the player.config

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  6. Phoenix_

Phoenix_ Space Penguin Leader

Tiy has confirmed that there will be a future method ingame to download/manage mods.

Nightmares likes this.