Help needed ...

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Gwenhyfer, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Gwenhyfer

Gwenhyfer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello everybody :)

I play STV for quite a few weeks with the following mods:
    Automated Doors
    CJB Cheats Menu
    M007 ExtendedFridge_0.40.x
    NoSoilDecay
    Save Anywhere
    Trainer Mod (that was in the SMAPI Folder).

My SMAPI is version 0.40.0,
    my Stardew Valley 1.07

Since two days there are suddenly errors like you can see on the following Screenshot:

[​IMG]

When these errors appear, it's a kind of lottery, if the savegame (is this the right word for it? Sorry, english is not my motherlanguage, but you realized this already, I think :) ) loads or if the game crashes and shuts down. First, I thoght there went something wrong with my savegame and I started a new game. All went well, until I expanded my house to the maximum. After that the errors appeared again. The game still loads, but I think it's just a matter of time, till this savegame won't load and crashes like the one before.

Do you have any idea, what to do? I googled a lot, but it seems, there is noone havin a similar problem. Of course one solution would be, to play without mods, but I prefer to use mods and I really hope, there is an explanation and solution for my problem :)

Thanks a lot,
    Jen

Edit: I already deinstalled the game, deleted all folders and reinstalled it then. But this did not solve the problem.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

One of your mods is just telling the game to write to the console when you load in somewhere. It might be the automated doors one, since its related to doors.

• Gwenhyfer

Oh, ok, thank you. I will start the game without the mod and safe it then, to see, if the problem still exists. I would not worry about the errors, as long, as I could be sure, that it does not crash my game. I will report :)

Edit: Perhaps it is also important to mention, that these errors are there from the beginning of the loaded game. I did not move anywhere after it loaded in, but all these errors are reportet in the API Console.

• Gwenhyfer

It seems to be solved. It was not the AutomatedDoors Mod but the Save Anywhere. I suddenly remembered, that this was the last mod I added ... and now I have no more errors. But it's ok, I can play very good without this mod. It would have been harder to miss the comfort of the AutomaticDoors Mod :)

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
          • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

The error messages weren't necessarily errors, but as Jinxie previously stated, messages that the developer chose to log as errors for what I presume to be debugging/testing purposes. Actually, I went ahead and looked at the code and it appears that this code would be executed only once after the game has loaded, but is done for every location in the game's locations array. From what I can tell, the messages are benign. Probably nothing to worry about.

• Gwenhyfer

I would not have bothered about it, if it did not happen, that my old savegame crashed. Or do you think, that there was no relation between the errors and the crash and it just happend by accident?