1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Help me please!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mgolden38, Mar 26, 2017.

1. mgolden38

mgolden38 Void-Bound Voyager

I have Starbound on Steam and its an amazing game<3. Then, one day it would crash before the "Chuckle" of the logo would finish. So I followed the steps to uninstall my game, and reset all the mods I had. Now, heres where the problem arised. When I tried to re-install starbound, Steam would give me the error message that a file was missing privlages. Heres the file that was supposedly missing privlages:
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/downloading/211820/_CommonRedist/vcredist/2015/vc_redist.x64.exe
    And, mind you, this is the stable version of the game. So, I found a bug/issue in steam AND starbound. Anyway, I cant play a game I like anymore:cry:, and I dont want to refund it so...yeah. Theres something that needs fixing. Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me. Thanks.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Seems that sth messed up the privileges for starbound and/or steam. Try adding steam and starbound to the exception list of your antivirus software (if win10 also an exception in windows defender). It's not a bug with steam or starbound.

~ Iris ~