1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! I have an invisible door?!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by poweredbyNeon, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. poweredbyNeon

poweredbyNeon Big Damn Hero

For a while I wasn't a fan of having my pet and crew members wander around on my ship - I felt like they were in the way (I'm indifferent now, I don't spend a lot of time on my ship). As a way to keep them in the main area of my ship, I put up a door. No big deal, right?
    Here's where my problem is. I upgraded my ship and wanted to go take down the caution blocks and see what it all looked like; and I also made the decision to take down the door and allow my crew to wander free. One I took down the door, however, it was like there is an invisible barrier, not unlike those in missions. Now my ship is fully upgraded but I have no way of leaving the main area to see it! I've completed the main quest line and gotten a lot done in other regards as well, so I don't want to have to restart everything. Any tips on what I should do? (Before anyone says it: yes, I have tried restarting the game, leaving and coming back to the ship, and destroying the blocks where it should be and around it - nothing works)

2. phichikapparho

phichikapparho Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just throwing this out there as a last resort. You said you had "destroyed the blocks around there"... Have you tried placing blocks in that area and destroying the newly placed blocks?

This was a solution to an old bug on I think novakid ships. (May be more than just that race, but that's basically all I played until the game went 1.0)

If that doesn't help, sorry. No idea what that could be.

poweredbyNeon likes this.
  3. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

I'm guessing you don't periodically make character backups... so we'll just have to try something else. Here are some ideas:
    1. Upgrade the ship further. Maybe it'll go away, or you'll at least open up a path to go around it.
    2. Try placing an actual door there and experiment with it.
    3. You could resort to admin commands, disable block protection for your ship, and mine a little tunnel underneath your barrier.
    4. Mess with your character data directly (not recommended) and see if you can delete the barrier that way.

poweredbyNeon likes this.
  4. poweredbyNeon

I'll be sure to try that, thanks! (It might be only a Novakid thing - though I hope it's not; I play them almost exclusively)

5. poweredbyNeon

I never really think to make backups. I'll have to start though. I'll try admin controls, and hopefully that will work - I can't upgrade my ship further and I've tried placing a door down. If it doesn't work ,then I'll try messing with my character data. Thank you for the suggestion!

6. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I make backups of both my player and universe folders after every session, in case of issues like this, plus I just recently added a mod that allows you to craft someting to remove phantom doors from areas. Look up Ghost Hatch/Door remover on the Starbound Steam workshop, the mod author doesn't have anything here in the forums though.

7. poweredbyNeon

Will do, thank you!