Modding Help Help Game Crashes and says could not read JSON asset in log

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Sora1572, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Sora1572

Sora1572 Space Spelunker

here is the log:
    [18:50:12.865] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /items/weapons/swords/MasterSword.activeitem, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /items/weapons/swords/MasterSword.activeitem

so i am making a legend of zelda mod and i was making the sword and whenever i try to test the mod this comes up in the log after it crashes

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Your file path for the sword is incorrect it must be Items/active/weapons/mastersword/mastersword.activeitem. You can also put the folder that holds the .activeitem into another folder like this "Items/active/weapons/Sora1572's_weapons/mastersword/mastersword.activeitem"

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

4. Sora1572

Sora1572 Space Spelunker

it still crashes for me

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The Suit has your real answer.

Now the small snippet of the log you gave is far from all of it. Somewhere in the rest of it is the exact point your actual .activeitem that you messed up your JSON. You're missing a comma, or have too many commas, or you're missing a bracket, or you have the wrong bracket, etc.

The log IS telling you what's wrong. You just need to learn to read it and for that the link provided can help. If after trying so yourself you still can't figure it out, we're gonna need the WHOLE log. Use spoiler and code tags please. We possibly may need your activeitem file too.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  6. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

with spoiler, do
    [plain]log[/plain]