1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Help a noob...

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Dyjako, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Dyjako

Dyjako Void-Bound Voyager

Yes This is actually my first post here and I had some questions that I couldnt find the awnser myself and people omline dont want to tell me, so this is my last option... In starbound is thier anyway or some kind of storage place that players cant get to, or a door you can lock? I ask becuase my worst fear is me geeting my possesions stolen, my new friend had most of his things stolen but since I was in his ship i was able to pick up and so happened to be his valuable so what was stolen was mainly his junk. I ask if there is a storage that players cant get to that I can use in the same server without getting out of the server to access my goods. My second question is what is Incarnets, i wrote this incredibly wrong but what are they. I ask but they give me roleplay like anwsers that are not clear. All i know of them is they have different text colors and formats and they are practically invicible and are able to deal over 1,000 DPS. Third, how does one get another IGN name color? Some people get other colors but I doubt they are staff of a server, i know incarnates have different colored names. Please anyone share what they know with me and not be like the rest of the people I already started to play with. I just dont want to get thieved and I dont want to travel to a single player world to obtain my goods then back to the server so I ask you guys.

2. Ledhead

Ledhead Phantasmal Quasar

Not sure if troll but I will bite. To answer everything at once MODS!

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

There's a way to block things being broken in your Ship with an /admin command, but if you wanna change something around you gotta deactivate the command and re-enable it when you're finished.

Oh, and this doesn't block people from opening lockers, chest and the like.

I'll edit the post once I find the command

4. Ledhead

Found the command /settileprotection command
    This is how you use it

(1) Enable admin mode by typing /admin

(2) Enable debug mode by typing /debug

(3) Go to the place you want to protect, and see the dungeonID on the debug display

(4) Protect the place by typing /settileprotection dungeonID true

Or use admin mode to spawn the protection generator and place it behind a door locked by a wire connected to any switch then to edit the ship simply remove the generator or if you can wire that too a switch you can put just the switch behind a locked door and just make sure nobody spawns to you while you are in the room turning it off.

But I digress use mods which makes containers claimable to players. I believe there is already a mod which locks containers to the player who owns the ship.

But given I'm after a better solution myself I might make my own mod too lock chests with a pin.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  5. Dyjako

But what if where arent the owners of the server and we play in another?

6. Ledhead

Then your screwed unless they they opt to add player management mods or give you admin mode, do the work for you.

7. Dyjako

I had an idea of getting a shield generator in the ship so atleast the things cant be broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Ledhead

Well if your friends with the host just ask if they can put a generator on your ship for you most won't mind, your editing your own ship not a planet.

9. Dyjako

Indeed! I belive the shield generators only protect 500 blocks in each diretion...

10. Dyjako

Anyone know the HTML color code for the normal chat? And does anyone have access to the "projectiles" file? I have attempted to get into the file but I need programs to open such.

11. Ledhead

HTML's colours are hex any online tool can give you a hex decimal colour code from RGB.

You need to unpack the games 'assets.pak' use the packing tool in win32 or find a program on here with a gui to do it for you.

Sent from Sony Xperia Z5, using Tapatalk.

12. Dyjako

Interesting, thank you.