Helluuuuuu.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Dragon_Tom005, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

Hey there. Hows it going? I'm not necessarily new to the forums per-say but I decided I wanted to put myself out there and introduce myself. I've been a around the forums for a few years now but I haven't actually interacted as much on the forums side. Normally I just check out the mods & stuff. I enjoy interacting with lots of people in the community sometimes, though I normally just stick to myself most of the other times.

It's been such a long time since I remember first playing. It all started way back in the beta when they had some of the old bosses. Good times... To this day, beating Dreadwing was my biggest accomplishment. Hah! Things were much different back then, but still just as fun. I remember I was playing a modded game with friends for my first experience in Starbound. I had no idea how to play the game or do anything. I must have died like 10 times in just a small bit of play time. I was so busy just trying to survive while my friends were all playing a game of chess on the roof of my house. A couple days later, I took time to myself in Singleplayer to learn how to play the game better. Fast-forward up to today, here in 1.3, and things sure have changed. Both me as a player and the game as a whole.

My favorite planet In Starbound is an Ocean planet. I've used some mods to make underwater bases pretty nicely. I keep telling myself i wont but end up doing it anyways. My favorite weapon are the staffs. Specifically the fire swarm. I Have a few techniques on how to use it nicely. My favorite Vanilla Instrument is the Electric bass. My favorite modded instrument is the Realkeys Bard. (part of the WaveDriver Luthier Music mod). My favorite mod and or race is still up for debate. I can certainly say my 3 favorite races are the Gyrusen, Kazdra and the Avali.

Aside from game-related, some of my favorite things are Dr. Pepper, Tea, the color Purple, Sleeping and Dr. Pepper
    I love Dr. Pepper :DD

Crossfang likes this.
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Well, hello! Nice to meet you. (;

3. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Welcome aboard, I hope you'll have a good time here c:

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  4. Dragon_Tom005

Thanks. So far, I already am. I'm loving the time here too. How about you?

Lodish likes this.
  5. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Been here for a bit more than a year, and I still enjoy this place a lot ^u^

6. Dragon_Tom005

Great! I hope you insist on staying around with us for a very long time. I know i will. :p

Lodish likes this.
  7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Nice choice.
    I respect that ^^

8. .jpeg

.jpeg Seal Broken

Pleasure to meet you. Before I welcome you, I'd like to be an asshole and tell you that "per say" is actually spelt "per se". It's a latin phrase. Don't fret, a lot of people frequently make this error.

To get back on topic, welcome. I know of a few cases where members have often gone unnoticed or have stayed inactive but have been around on a forums for years. More often than not, they feel the obligation to create an Introduction thread to make amends. It's great to have another member join us, and someone who isn't totally unfamiliar with the forums. I remember my first experiences in Starbound, as soon as the game was publicly available. I had no clue what to do, so heretofore I hadn't touched Starbound. That isn't until a couple weeks ago where I repurchased Starbound and I've already almost racked up an impressive 100 hours. The game really has changed, and there are gameplay aspects that still need touching up but otherwise it's solid.

My favourite planet would probably be Lush, because it offers a beautiful scenery for rustic buildings, and because it's very calming and gentle. Ocean planets don't strike me as overly impressive because its prominent feature is just, well, water. If I were an IGN reviewer, I'd surely die if I visited one. My favourite weapons would be the Sniper Rifles or the Bows. In every game, and even in real life for that matter, I love bows. I practised archery for a while as a kid after I discovered my knack for the practice. And sniper rifles, they're never not cool. I understand your partial liking to the staffs; they do possess a lot of intriguing abilities. My favourite vanilla instrument would have to be the Flute, just because it's so wonderfully therapeutic and you can clearly hear each note of the song. I'm not a fan of the community created races, I have my reasons, but it's nice to know what your preferences are nevertheless. Dr Pepper is awesome, but I haven't consumed anything fizzy or unhealthy for quite some time, I'm normally only up for a glass of water. Which is boring, I know. Tea is one of my favourite beverages. Of course, at this time of year a hot drink isn't always a welcome one, so I haven't had the pleasure of dinking a digestive in my mug for quite some time. My favourite colour is definitely blue, but I love purple all the same.

Since you're no newcomer, I can only presume you're familiar with the rules and how to get around, you won't have to endure my list of useful links™.

Realmseeker likes this.
  9. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

[​IMG]

• Read the forum rules here
    • Avoid Double posting. You can always edit your previous post.
    • You can change your forum name here
    • The Forum Signature is off by default , you can turn it on in your account preferences
    • And lastly , have fun!
    • Also, I do free starbound-related art requests here
    • and Stardew Valley - related art here