Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Thomas K Christensen, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Thomas K Christensen

Thomas K Christensen Aquatic Astronaut

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking around here for nearly a year I think, following the starbound development and oh boy am I excited for dec 4th ! (I assume it will be 5th in Australia?)

But just wanted to say hi and I am wondering if there is anyone else from Australia that is hyped? want to team up and have some fun? :)

2. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Welcome to the posting side of the forum! I am sure a lot of folk will be delurking who have not posted much since they first registered. Best of luck finding some fellow players from Australia... or at least with comparable playing hours and latency!

3. H-Alo

H-Alo Phantasmal Quasar

Nah, tom.
    It'll be 4th Dec alright, just like, at midnight or something.
    I'm from Australia.
    And I'm hyped alright.
    Seriously hyped.
    I wasn't able to sleep the last few nights.
    And welcome to the forums, and have fun, and...
    WATCH OUT FOR DROPBEARS.

Luninani likes this.
  4. Thomas K Christensen

Hey guys! :D

Yeah I do have a concern about latency, it might make or break the experience completely, I REALLY hope European servers is not the only option... I watched TBs video with Jesse cox and they were playing on a server in the Netherlands (Holland) and the thought just shatters my spine... I REALLY hope there is at least a server on the west coast of the US. Otherwise these guys will have work really hard to convince SEA that they know what they are doing.

So I am also reading a lot of different info about the pre-orders and steam early access... so it seems like it will be up on steam early access on the 4th no? for everyone? But at the same time they say everyone who pre ordered will play in 1 day... aka the 4th?! What was the point of pre ordering again? (other than the obvious fact of donating money for the development).

Some has also said that pre orders get their keys earlier... not sure what that means.. Im sure im just confusing information but if anyone could clarify that would be great, thanks :)

@H-Alo Someone on a stream said it would be released at 10am PST on the 4th, which for me I think is 5am on the 5th with time difference.

5. H-Alo

H-Alo Phantasmal Quasar

My (previous) hunch was correct...
    Hmm...
    That's nice to know. Dammit, there needs to be an Oceania Server, or something like that.
    There are so many Australians on this forum it ain't funny no more.

6. Thomas K Christensen

I have asked about servers on twitter, but no reply yet... I reeeeeeaally hope its not EU servers only.

7. Thomas K Christensen

just a follow up from reddit

Source:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1rxy9q/starbound_beta_release_times/

8. FoxBLU

FoxBLU Phantasmal Quasar

Hey from Sydney

9. Kergami

Kergami Title Not Found

Hello, from the good old USA I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

G'day from Brisbane.

11. H-Alo

H-Alo Phantasmal Quasar

Brisbane?!?!
    Everyone knows that-
    NO! Let me continue!
    Everybody knows that-
    GAH! SERIOUSLY!
    Okay.
    CANBERRA IS BEST.
    There! I said it.
    (No offense to anyone who believes otherwise.)

Jonesy likes this.
  12. SmoothGuy

SmoothGuy Phantasmal Quasar

Hello there! Welcome on the starbound forums
    Tommorow is our
    big day

Have Fun! :giggle:

13. MrMordem

MrMordem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello from France, just on Day and ... hiiiiihhhaaa :p

14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Well, it's the capital, isn't it? That gives it a certain something. Sydney may be the poster child, but Canberra is the brains of the outfit. Meanwhile, Brisbane is just staying awesome, and making itself a world-class city with the G20 preparation and whatnot.

15. DWAlpha

DWAlpha Pangalactic Porcupine

Another Aussie here just saying hello!

The closest City to me is Melbourne, not sure what that would be classified as. Cultural centre maybe?

That said, I'm a country girl myself. But I've been lurking around here for the last couple of months after stumbling across this wonderful game due to an interesting adventure involving lack of sleep, chocolate and pringles... :p

Anyway... greetings from the town of Wonthaggi, Victoria.

Jonesy likes this.
  16. Thomas K Christensen

Uuuuhh so many nice people! :D good to see you all, I just recently moved from Sydney to Brisbane (been living in australia for 4 years, technically im from Denmark) but ya!

How many of you are getting up at 4-5am in hope to get going strait up? :D

17. DWAlpha

DWAlpha Pangalactic Porcupine

4 years is more than long enough to be considered Australian, we're like the mafia that way. Once you're in you never leave. Just remember that if you move elsewhere you're a transplanted Aussie. It's how we spread. :X

I would, but I have a funeral to get ready for that day, so I'll need my sleep. Once that's done however I'll be decompressing with a good couple of hours of Starbound goodness. :DD

18. Cathriana

Cathriana Phantasmal Quasar

Seems good so far.. I am glad someone else joins =) An Australian is always welcomed.

So Welcome to you!

Thomas K Christensen likes this.
  19. Phyrewall

Phyrewall Pangalactic Porcupine

ƎWOƆ˥ƎM

(No one else did it, I had to.)

Luninani likes this.
  20. Luninani

Luninani Space Spelunker

Welcome!
    Hope you enjoy your stay around here!:catface: