OOC HeliaBound Permadeath (APPS wanted)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Iceball457, Feb 15, 2017.

?

If I do another, what direction should I take it?

1. More detailed world

60.0%
  2. Better combat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. More artifacts to find

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No permadeath

40.0%
  1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Cruiser. Of course.

2. Iceball457

Iceball457 Phantasmal Quasar

Any descriptions or maybe even traits/perks for the ship? (I have a detailed .txt file for all you guys)
    Edit: and a name, silly me, I forgot. :p

/Doublepost

Other thread is up, let's hope our players find each other in the crowd!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  3. Jareix Cryvix

Hmm.... Is a displacement hologram generator a thing? (Generates a hologram of the ship. It's good to confuse the enemy if the one controlling it is good at making it move right, merging with and splitting from the ship and moving in ways that confuse and divert...)

4. Iceball457

Yes, that sounds good.

/Doublepost

The stairs aren't exactly quiet: As you head down, the chatter from the previous room dies down and the drunken shouts from the bar become louder

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  5. Iceball457

Ah, hold up back up... I was too slow to the thread...
    This was a post to go right after Shierta responded to the question:
    ((@Dragonclaw I assume you mean the metaphorical silence, cause it's loud))
    The Sallok mutters something, but you couldn't pick it up over the shouts at the bar.
    (nothing cause you're talking(part of Edit4))

The board is covered with tons of flyers, most are advertisements. Ever since large scale teleports became commercially efficient a lot of delivery jobs were changed to teleportation jobs, but some delicate shipments are still done the old-fashioned way. There are also some tourism jobs, and one for scouting out a settlement location:
    I have a china cabinet sitting around and want it delivered. Coordinates on back page. 20,000 pixels for 341 lightyears. You can message me at jennellneise@uscmail.space

Some friends and I want a place to live, our own personal planet. We are living at the Outpost for now, ask the people at Terramart for info. 3 million pixels.

Looking for crew members for about 6 months. I will pay based on how much I have. thetotallysanepirate666@uscmail.space

I've been living in a colony and now I'm 17 and I want to see space and be a part of a crew. I have saved lots of pixels and other money so I can pay for it. graetname@

As you can see under the third job spoiler, I didn't finish it before @Dragonclaw Responded... Is it OK to back up a second or so?

EDIT: also, I didn't realize the fake emails would be links... AArgh

Edit2: Also, I know it is a doublepost, but I don't think there are notifications for post edits...

Edit3: So due to this event, I shall impose a rule: Please only make one post between "GameMaster" posts. It will help pace the game so the GM will have an opportunity to tell what didn't work as the players expected.

Edit4: I'm actually not going to have this go back in time, since gameplay wise it simply adds another turn to @Dragonclaw 's story without adding any more content.

Edit5: (Unrelated) I looked at Kevin's info again. I thought he was four feets tall. I looked again. He's 5'10"???? HOLY F***S***S THAT'S TALLER THan me, taller than I am, AndD I haFF toO LOoK UP, up at this Fookin' TaLL avvalli... Av-talli... Tallvalli. 5'10" dam that's tall, Jeebs, I have to think about my life now

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Dragonclaw and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  6. fluxuous

fluxuous Tentacle Wrangler

it says application are wanted but I noticed the role-play already started so can I still apply?

Dragonclaw likes this.
  7. Iceball457

Yes applications are available! If you apply now your story will start by finding Shierta at the outpost! I won't close applications even if it kills me. (This is a bad idea) I think the only restriction I have for new characters is that they cannot own a ship, I hope to see you at the outpost before the crew leaves!!

Dragonclaw likes this.
  8. fluxuous

alright here it is

Name: Sak’vlar

Race: Floran

Image/description: [​IMG]

Backstory: grew up in a very isolated tribe. He dislikes hylotl but can work with one if absolutely necessary

STATS (17 points total)

HP - 3

Attack - 2

Defense - 1

Magic - 1

Marksmanship - 3

Speed - 4

Scavenging - 3

Ablilities:

Bull fighter: Due to agility and counter based fighting style this character gains +1 attack against opponents larger than himself when fighting without weapons

Tribal upbringing: +1 scavenging while in an area untouched by most civilization

Hunter: +1 attack and marksmanship when fighting non sentient opponents

hope it's ok

Dragonclaw likes this.
  9. Iceball457

It's great! I don't have any changes to suggest, Approved! How would you like to be introduced in the other thread? (Dropped off by a ship, teleported in, hitch hiked?)

Dragonclaw likes this.
  10. fluxuous

hitch hiked sounds like it would fit my character well

Dragonclaw and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  11. fluxuous

also one thing i forgot to mention is that my character makes a living as a pickpocket and just generally tries to get around and make a living with as little expenses as possible

Dragonclaw likes this.
  12. Iceball457

Noted, you'll be introduced with a crash right after Shierta talks to The Hylotl!

Dragonclaw likes this.
  13. Iceball457

I'm trying to think of a way for Sak'vlar to meet Shierta and Kevin while leaving everyone in character, and being good narrative...
    It is time for Shierta's crew to leave, but Sak'vlar is about to eat...
    this is hard work...
    any ideas?

14. Jareix Cryvix

Give them an incentive to hitch-hike shierta's ship.

15. Iceball457

Yes, yes... @fluxuous What would catch Sak's eye?

16. fluxuous

action, money (or something valuable), etc.etc

17. Iceball457

Shierta has quite the bit of money... It's too bad none of you have gems of any sort. What would Sak think of a 6 foot tall avali?

18. fluxuous

he hasn't seen avali that often only at stations and outposts really

19. Iceball457

I'll have Shumyo send you guys off, then Shierta can explain the ship's style and whereabouts to Kevin, then Sak'vlar can overhear and that is how Sak'vlar will be interested...!!!

20. Jareix Cryvix

Wait, did I mention pickpocketing being a proficiency of hers? And would it be too late to change if I didn't?

Dragonclaw likes this.