1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Heck of an ambitious project

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by vae, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vae

vae Void-Bound Voyager

When I first heard of Starbound (2 hours ago xD) I only knew about the exploration part, space station, NPC, research, etc.

But now that I've read more about the game, I learnt (if I understood correctly) that there's supposed to be mining and building things with block placement. That's completly awesome. Do you know if we're aiming at Terraria-deep (no pun) mining and building ? That's almost a game in the game. I mean, with only the features in my first sentence, the game would be good enough. But mining / building ?! Woa.

That's me being amazed here. But at the same time, I'm a bit nervous about the scope of the game. Some games aim too big and end up being disapointing. What I've seen so far is very impressive, though, but I'm afraid of expecting too much from the game. What do you guys think ?

*shudders while remembering Spore space phase expectations*

2. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Expect nothing and you'll be blown away when it comes out.

countchocula86 likes this.
  3. vae

vae Void-Bound Voyager

Easier said than done xD
    I'm easily impressed by pure awesomeness.

4. Vivid

Vivid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yeah i'm easily impressed. im never gonna hate this game:cool:

5. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

It's shaping up to look like more than a game in a game, but as a game in a game with 3 other games added on in gameception.
    For me, I was sorta put at ease when I read this from an interview:
    So I guess they're trying their best to not have us disappointed.

6. Offline

Offline Astral Cartographer

Tiy had some practice with Terraria and had said he'd really learned from it and working with all of them.
    As what Kiofspa said ^, it's Tiy's dream game. He already told us all of his ideas for the game, and none of them seem un-code-able. He just needs his patience, I'm sure he can pull through.

7. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have these thoughts racing through my head every time I find a new game out.
    A faith is a necessity to a man. Woe to him who believes in nothing.
    ^ This is everything to me as I put through my head :D
    ~ Thank you!
    John Devince

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.