1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded Heavy Role play, casual Server (Inactive)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by FantasyGamingTV, Nov 16, 2016.

?

Should the server be centered around Frackin' Universe or use the mod only as a buff to the vanilla?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2016.
  1. Yes, this server should revolve around Frackin' Universe and it's aspects.

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No, the mod should only be used as an aid to expand on the aspects of the vanilla story line.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. FantasyGamingTV

FantasyGamingTV Aquatic Astronaut

Hello and welcome once again, I've been fairly inactive on the forums over the past few months and am truly sorry, especially to those who responded to one of my other server posts hoping to play. That being said, I've recently been reinspired to play Starbound again and have been mulling over ideas for a new server theme, this one being a lot less serious and focused more on mainly the unstructured, random role play between the members of the server. It will be locally hosted by me (that meaning I will run it directly off my computer and not a third party website) and I will attempt to have it running as close to 24/7 as I possibly can. Now let's get into the actual idea for the server shall we?

This go around I thought I would focus it mainly on the Frackin' Universe mod, and players can base their characters around it's many aspects (mine is going to be a farmer a la stardew valley style). The members will interact mainly through 'chance' encounters and friendships, as well as trade, getting items to players in return for perhaps them crafting or getting you an item you can't be bothered to get at that moment. The universe will be set twelve years after the events of the ruin have been concluded and as many systems and civilizations attempt to rebuild themselves. The server will be set in one particular system (with as many variations of planets as I can find) but players will have the free will to travel where ever they please, this central system will only be used as a hub for role play (each planet in the system will function as a different aspect of frackin' universe, for example a forest planet may be centered around farming and bee keeping, whereas a moon will be for mining). This however is just the basis and I would love to get a steamgroup together of whoever wishes to join and discuss further the aspects of the server that will make it into the full launch (of which I do not know a certain date yet).

Standard server rules apply I am sure you all know by now, in case you don't however, don't God mode, this is for immersion and realism, your character can not realistically be Almighty ruler of the galaxy with 100% knowledge about every single aspect of the universe as well as the strongest and swiftest fighter to have ever lived, it just doesn't work that way. Please don't meta-game, if you know how something turns out, don't turn your character into an all-knowing oracle who can see the future (unless you have talked about it with the server and we all agree there is an rp reason for it). In-game racism or other such discriminatory actions are acceptable to a respectable extent (don't go overboard) but real life discrimination of any kind will likely result in an immediate ban from the server. I just don't have time for closed minded people and refuse to argue with you. (Only in extreme cases of forgiveness or redemption will past offenders be unbanned). And most importantly, just generally don't be a dickhead. We come here to have fun and escape our lives into one of our own making for a few hours. If you actively put others down or just generally make the server unhappy for your own intents or purposes you will be asked to leave kindly or change, as again, I do not have time to argue with people who think they are entitled to special treatment.

This thread will also act as a sort of 'update' blog and major server decisions will be placed in polls here, so up until server release and especially just before as well as after launch I would suggest checking back here regularly :)

As of the time this is going up, I will be out of the country for eight days, hopefully I will still have a reliable internet connection and be able to respond to any comments I get but if not, my apologies and I will do my best to respond to each and every one of you upon my return. Stay safe, and happy exploring people :)

2. MashewCashew

MashewCashew Void-Bound Voyager

I actually read your last post about this matter and found it very interesting. When I found that you were stopping the production on the last Starbound server I was pretty upset, since the idea seemed really good. Luckily I found this post so I could respond and possibly offer my help in any ways. I've been to a few Role play servers on Starbound, but a lot of them (which have been around for a bit) have trouble letting in new characters such as myself. They would be so deep in their own stories that they would never take the time to even try bringing in other people to their 'adventures'. I've been searching for a great, new Role play server to spend my time on, and I feel like this could be it.

If you are in need of any Admins or Moderators to watch over the server, make sure people are having a great time, enforce the rules, and even partake in the role playing, I could definitely help out with that. I love the general idea of having the role play in one system, and would be glad to help find one with enough variations. In my personal opinion, you should use the Frackin' Universe mod, but don't let that take over the lore that you come up with.

Whether or not you need help before hand or after the launch, I would be happy, and honored, to be apart of this.

Thank you.

Steam Name: MashewCashew

3. FantasyGamingTV

I think your devotion sounds like a marvellous idea, I am deeply sorry about the last server idea being cancelled (though it could very well be a part of this server) and once I am back hone with my rig I'll be sure to let you know when and where you can help :)

4. MashewCashew

MashewCashew Void-Bound Voyager

That would be great!

5. mineghost23

mineghost23 Master Chief

Interested in this. Steam name is mineghost23

6. Kubajznica

Kubajznica Void-Bound Voyager

After I read your post, I got interested in this pretty much. It makes me play Starbound again. I'm definitely going to play there... Steam name: kubajs30

7. Sinistral79

Sinistral79 Void-Bound Voyager

I am most definitely interested in this. I'm a big fan of RP, and have been toying with the idea of bringing it to Starbound as well. I've logged a lot of hours with Starbound and have been using Frackin Universe although it feels like I've only scratched the frackin surface. I like your ideas, especially with containing the RP to within a constellation (it's still big...but not too big). I look forward to watching the stories develop and cutting out a peace of the universe to call our own.

Steam Name: jhebert531

Jason

8. FantasyGamingTV

Sorry friend, but when searching that name no profiles appear for me to add

9. Kubajznica

Kubajznica Void-Bound Voyager

Try "Kubajznica" Then.. :) That should work..:)

10. mineghost23

mineghost23 Master Chief

Bump as to keep this relative

11. _Lennard_

_Lennard_ Big Damn Hero

That sounds good, and i am really interested in that.
    My Steam name: _Lennard_
    I am 16 and live in Germany ^~^

12. Maduain

Maduain Void-Bound Voyager

Are you guys still doing a server? I am willing to join. And is it all of the fracking universe collection?

Steam name is: Maduain

13. IceCutlass

IceCutlass Void-Bound Voyager

ello, i would be happy to help you build the server and roleplay on there.
    Steam : icecutlass
    nickname steam : Hungry Spybox

14. cesarjunior233

cesarjunior233 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Steam : cesarjunior233
    Nickname same
    I want some modded server , but with roleplay

15. Aturtle32

Aturtle32 Space Spelunker

I would like to join....im lonely in starbound.
    steam name: connormatthews760

16. Snownova

Snownova Space Spelunker

Hi, is this server still going? Is there a mod list I can look at?

Either way I'd like to join, my steam name is Snownova.

17. starjrios100

starjrios100 Yeah, You!

I would like to join steam name is probrogamer100

18. xypher3ns

xypher3ns Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've always been interested in trying my hand at Starbound RP. I'll be new to it but I'll do my best. You should be able to find me under the steam username of "kielten" but if not, my actual display name is "ゼロ"

People tell me that they have a hard time finding me, and I'm unsure why.

19. Thoroughly munted.

Thoroughly munted. Void-Bound Voyager

I'd be down to fool around, if this server is still a go. I can be found under "Cuntus of the Ages" on Steam; don't be fooled by the vulgarity, I'm actually not that much of an unrelenting badass. Happy star bounding, folks!

20. lifepack1

lifepack1 Space Hobo

If this server is still up i would like to join, Steam name: Lifepack1

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017