1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Heading Back to Base

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Starheaven07, Mar 10, 2012.

?

When you want to exit a planet, how do you feel it should work?

1. Hit menu button, go back to base immediately

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hit menu button, go back to Starmap immediately

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Head back to landing site, where your ship physically is, leave planet.

63.0%
  4. Head back to landing site, where your beacon is, leave planet.

37.0%
  5. You can only leave a planet when everyone is back to the landing site, not alone

18.5%
  6. You can leave the planet on your own at any time.

40.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Getting to a planet is fine and all, but what do you do after you are done gathering resources/exploring, or if the planet gets too hot for you to handle? How do you guys think you should be able to leave the planet?

2. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

I'm thinking when you land your ship, it'll land on a random part of the planet. You should have to run back to it.

3. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

I think if on single-player, you should have to chase down your ship and find it again.

On multiplayer? Eh, just go back to your ship, afterall, multiplayer is all about fun and not the story of being chased down by monsters.

Or if it features a co op mode. (Probably will.) The former.

4. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

I don't think it would be very balanced if you could leave at any time through the menu, you could be fighting a tough enemy and about to die.
    I'm thinking the physical ship or landing site would be a better mechanic.

Ordona likes this.
  5. Tahu

Tahu Void-Bound Voyager

"Beam me up, scotty" ?

They said that maps are all round (so when you reach the end of the map, you appear on the opposite side of the map), so a spaceship landing point and retreating point sound to be the best option to me.

6. Mrhighseas

Mrhighseas Star Wrangler

I think you should have to go back to your ship, and that all of your crew would also have to be there.

7. Sam_

Sam_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Go back to your ship.

If we don't do that, Samus will be pissed.

Because EVERY DAMN METROID GAME, she has to run back to her ship while a self destruct countdown ticks to 0..

8. Spectralysis

Spectralysis Void-Bound Voyager

It kind of defeats the exploration purpose if you can just leave a planet whenever you like. I voted for going back to the ship

9. Aviakio

The thing about a ship is that:
    In multiplayer, if someone leaves with the it - what happens then?

10. Spectralysis

Spectralysis Void-Bound Voyager

Does the ship belong to everyone or will each player need to bring their ship?

11. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

These are the important questions, you know?

12. Aviakio

No one knows...

13. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think a item that automatically teleports you would be pretty boss!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

14. Leon

Leon Void-Bound Voyager

I would assume that the first person to leave will make the ship disappear but in its place will be a beacon or mini teleporter to take you back to the ship

15. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I think it should be where you have to go back to the ship to get to the station. You would be able to leave anytime without having the other people there that went with you. The other people there could just have to call in a ship to pick them up(maybe having to have found a certain "pilot" npc to do so).

16. Ryss

Ryss Void-Bound Voyager

Heading back to the landing site, definitely (though placing beacons would be cool, place one before heading into a cave-y place, get out, head back to the station). I feel like the ship will be on the planet until the last person leaves, but each person can leave when they feel like (I hope that makes sense).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.