RELEASED Have I Watered My Hops? Smaller hops sprite

Discussion in 'Mods' started by serupento, Mar 5, 2016.

1. serupento

serupento Void-Bound Voyager

UPDATE 3/5/16: Have I Watered My Hops now has beta options for Autumn Grapes, Blueberries, Wheat, and Amaranth!

I noticed very early on that it was incredibly difficult to tell whether i'd actually successfully watered my hops, and even if i went through with the hitbox turned on, I found that my hops were growing unevenly, like I'd missed them a few times.

This is just a very bare-bones function-over-form sprite replacement for hops and a few other dense crops that just reduces the sprite to 50% of its default size so that you can actually see the ground the hops or other crops are sitting on. The size of Wheat isn't drastically changed but it is significantly thinned out so that you can see the ground better. It will override any other crop sprite replacements but other modders are free to do whatever they want with the edits I made and I would love to see them included or improved upon in other crop mods for better compatibility.

[​IMG]

Altered Sprites at 4x zoom:
    [​IMG]
    and standard size:
    [​IMG]

To install, simply extract the contents to your Stardew Valley install directory. Please note that I've only done extensive in-game testing with the Hops sprites, so I recommend backing up your original copy of Content\TileSheets\crops.xnb if you have any concerns. Let me know if you have any trouble with any of the others and feel free to post in-game screen shots!
    **This mod comes either with all 5 crops changed or just one crop changed. Because all crops are on the same sprite sheet, you cannot mix and match these downloads. Choose just one.**

Download Mini Hops+Grapes+Blueberries+Wheat+Amaranth (BETA): https://www.mediafire.com/?f5d8zqrblt69975

Download Just Mini Hops: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f5d8zqrblt69975/Mini_Hops.7z

Download Just Mini Grapes (BETA): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ar3kztba22ues1/Mini_Grapes.7z

Download Just Mini Blueberries (BETA): http://www.mediafire.com/download/94991ta8p77z2ra/Mini_Blueberries.7z

Download Just Mini Wheat (BETA): http://www.mediafire.com/download/z900xiifla55art/Mini_Wheat.7z

Download Just Mini Amaranth (BETA): http://www.mediafire.com/download/97f3achwb3g9rhe/Mini_Amaranth.7z

Each zip comes with a .png of the complete sprite map you will be installing. I recommend holding onto this to make it easier to keep track of which file you have.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    • FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

I just want to say thanks for this!

Been needing it for a while. Mind doing Amaranth and Wheat too? Those are a bit big and gets kinda hard to tell sometimes.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Added to the modding list!

• JaiantPanda

JaiantPanda Guest

AH YES thank you so much :D

• BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

This made my game crash every time I tried to plant seeds. :/

• serupento

BlushingCreep: I'm unable to replicate your problem with hops starters or other seeds. Mind telling me exactly what condition the soil is in and what you're trying to plant?

FenixR: Yeah, I might as well do Amaranth and Wheat. I'll see about offering them as options as well.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
              • BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

I wasn't trying to plant hops, since I'm just starting the game. I didn't realize it was only meant for hops and nothing else. Sorry about that.

• serupento

Options for Autumn Grapes, Blueberries, Wheat, and Amaranth added. They work fine for me but I do ask for feedback on them, especially the 5-crop pack.

• Taverdi

Taverdi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The 5 crop pack is just a link to the hops one.

The Hops, Aramanth and Grapes solo ones work great though. Didn't get tot test the other two yet.

Zee and GamerAmelli like this.
                    • GamerAmelli

GamerAmelli Poptop Tamer

I'd like to try the all in one, so hopefully the author will correct the link soon.

Zee likes this.
                      • K33p Sm1l1ng

K33p Sm1l1ng Void-Bound Voyager

That's a pretty awesome mod, this one should integrated into a upcoming patch :)

• magilzeal

magilzeal Space Hobo

Is the one for all 5 crops still available? The mediafire link seems to only lead to the mini-hops only version.

• deerling

deerling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

kind of sad that there's not an all-in-one option anymore, but this is still incredibly useful! thank you for this~!!

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Hey, so it's a bit of a silly hope, but I used this mod again thinking it'd be alright, but forgot that editing the crops file to the old one would also mean coffee crops would get lost in the process... doesn't make my game crash, but thing is, I've been careless enough to replace the original file with this one without saving it...
                              So, I'd like to know if someone'd be willing to help by sending me a copy of their normal crops.xnb file (from after the 1.1 update of course). I'm fine with losing this small-hops mod if it means fixing my coffee crops (obviously, the best thing would have to get this small crops mod updated for version 1.1...)
                              Thanks in advance !

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can't you do file integrity test (Steam) or just reinstall (GoG)?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^

Attached Files:

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Thanks so much fog !

Senlim, I have no idea what a file integrity involves, but the file works, it's just that the coffee crops don't look like, well... anything cohesive, haha. And reinstalling would've meant erasing all the other visual mods I installed too, which'd've been a hassle.

• 33Yalkin33

33Yalkin33 Void-Bound Voyager

Breaks the coffe bean texture. Also causes ui info suite to give an error message. I checked if this is caused by this mod or not.

Attached Files: