Modding Help Hat mod question

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Coolwyngs, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

How do you do a combined multiple hat mods into one big mod?

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Basically the same way you do with hairstyles. Extend the height of the canvas and put each extra hats below the originals, but any hats over the normal amount of hats can only be gotten with something like CJB Item Spawner. Here's what my combined hats.png looks like for example.

Attached Files:

• hats.png
          hats.png
          File size:
          157.4 KB
          Views:
      • Coolwyngs

Thank you

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I've got a question about that. I added the hats to the original file like you have there, but I can't find them in the item spawner. Is there a particular way to add them to the sheet? Where would I look for them in the item spawner?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

there needs to be objectInformation on them in the relevant xnb.

• HopeWasHere

I see, so where can I look to figure out how to do that? Will it conflict with the more crops that already adds objects to the object information?

• Acerbicon

Sorry, I completely forgot about that part. It won't interfere, you'll just have to edit your edited object information file and add them in as well.

• HopeWasHere

Could you post your object information so I could see how to add them? I have a bunch of new hats I made and I would love to try them out with the game

• Acerbicon

I actually don't have an edited one right now (apparently I lost my file D: ) but if you give me a bit, I can cobble one together. :)

• Acerbicon

I don't remember what the false and true at the end stands for. But just go to your /content/data folder and unpack the hats file there. Then you can add whatever names and descriptions of the hats you've added.

• HopeWasHere

So just in the hats.xnb then and not the objectinformation.xnb? Or do I need to edit both

• Acerbicon

Just the hats.xnb, as far as I can remember. I'm pretty sure the objectinformation.xnb doesn't have any reference to hats in it. Sorry for the back and forth information there, been a while since I edited the hats. D:

• Coolwyngs

Would you please share it when you are finished with it. I was hoping to make a big had compilation mod with all of the hats that are out now.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

A warning, CA does some really funny logic for hats and hair, so do not be surprised if any extra hats you add end up having glitchy hair behaviour....

Acerbicon, Coolwyngs and Androxilogin like this.
                              • Coolwyngs

Okay thank you