RELEASED Harvey Portrait and Sprite

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by wineheart, Mar 8, 2016.

1. wineheart

wineheart Space Spelunker

Harvey is somewhat of a fixer upper. Terrible jacket, terrible glasses, and that mustache!

I gave him some more flattering glasses to wear, and his coat is now a more fashionable length instead of a lab coat/trench coat mix. I also fixed it so you can see his eyes on the sprite and redid his hair to match the portrait better. And no mustache. There was inspiration from work I found here and elsewhere.

[​IMG]
    Download

To install, navigate to your Stardew Valley content folder. Mine is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content

Then rename HarveyPortrait.xnb to just Harvey.xnb and place it in the Portraits folder. Rename HarveyCharacter.xnb to Harvey.xnb and place it in the Characters folder. I suggest saving the originals somewhere if you want to revert later.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    • Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

Great work!

I don't suppose that if I asked very, very nicely you may consider releasing a sprite with only the glasses changed? That's the one thing that's bothered me about Harvey, and you've finally addressed his terrible glasses! I just happen to like his default jacket, too. Heh,

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I too really like the changes you made. I think the new coat looks nice and I really love what you did with the glasses on his sprite. Great job!

Would you mind making a version with that keeps his mustache though? I really like his mustache (it just needs a bit more definition and a darker color) but I like your new sprite too. I think if he had his mustache back, that would be the best of both wolds!

EDIT: Been using your mod and it looks really great in game. :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
          gingerlady556 and Mystiana like this.
        • gingerlady556

gingerlady556 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I'm using your sprite/portrait mod and I love it! So much that he's my spouse now :p I don't know if this is related to the 1.1 update but now Harvey "disappears" when he goes outside to read... maybe the sprite of him reading is missing? anyhow I figured I'd report it.

guardian0angel likes this.
          • guardian0angel

guardian0angel Lucky Number 13

I haven't married Harvey yet, but I just want to say that I absolutely ADORE the Harvey sprite!
            And I personally think Harvey looks much better without that mustache.
            He looks much cuter, thanks so much~! <3

• Ookami96k

Ookami96k Guest

Thank you so much! i love how he looks now <3